“Excellent food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very simple familly restaurant on the beach. Fishes are excellents. I recomand calamaries and ceviches.

Visited July 2014

Los Angeles, CA
“Eat at the beach with the locals....”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Yes, of course the food at Minino's is unbelievably fresh & delicious, but I felt that way about every meal on Isla. What will bring me back is the coooooool vibe....it's like you're having a meal with family, on the beach, with live island music, in the most relaxed atmosphere you can imagine.

We ordered Fish Tacos, Guacamole, Fried filet of fish, and a small shrimp cocktail. Don't even think about not sharing everything....

A couple cervezas with fresh lime and you're just barely able to breathe when you leave! But, a nice long walk around the island will cure that!

Honestly, Minino's is a MUST DO when on Isla Mujeres.

• Visited July 2014
Kalamazoo
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great service, atmosphere, drinks and food! The seafood was fresh and well prepared. Close to our hotel and not crowded; a nice get-away

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Carolyn P
Kingman, Arizona
“Was not as good as before”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I usually go to Minino's forst thing when I get off the ferry every year. I love it! But this April was not as good as the other years. We waited a very long time to get served and then the meal was just so-so. I usually get a whole fish fried. It just wasn't as good as previous visits so I didn't return again. I'll give it a try again next year.

Visited April 2014
San Francisco, California
“As fresh as it gets!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We went for a late lunch after a day of swimming and exploring the island. We sat on a table on the sand towards the ocean. As soon a we sat, a large group from a youth baseball team came in celebrating a win. How fun!!

We ordered the whole fried fish and 2 fresh coconuts. The fish the server had said they had that evening was not available, so our waitress brought out 2 different ties of fish to select from. Just by looking at their eyes and gils you could tell they were FRESH!!!! WOW!!!! We were served chips and salsa, and while we waited for our meal, we could see the fisherman bringing our fresh mahi-mahi from the bat and filleting them right there…

Then came our meal…, I can't tell you how amazing this was. Fresh crispy fried fish with the freshest, softest tortillas we have ever had (although there was no need for those since the fish was so incredibly fresh, tasty and perfect by itself). The fist was perfectly friend and scored and sectioned to make it easier to eat. Just a squeeze of lime, and you are good to go! Perfect golden brown, crispy on the outside, flaky and moist on the inside, perfectly seasoned!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it…

We paid under $30.00 and the two of us left satisfied and there was still some meat left on the fish. I would definitely go back!! Go visit, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014