“Great food!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great service, atmosphere, drinks and food! The seafood was fresh and well prepared. Close to our hotel and not crowded; a nice get-away

1  Thank Carolyn P

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I usually go to Minino's forst thing when I get off the ferry every year. I love it! But this April was not as good as the other years. We waited a very long time to get served and then the meal was just so-so. I usually get a whole fish fried. It just wasn't as good as previous visits so I didn't return again. I'll give it a try again next year.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We went for a late lunch after a day of swimming and exploring the island. We sat on a table on the sand towards the ocean. As soon a we sat, a large group from a youth baseball team came in celebrating a win. How fun!!

We ordered the whole fried fish and 2 fresh coconuts. The fish the server had said they had that evening was not available, so our waitress brought out 2 different ties of fish to select from. Just by looking at their eyes and gils you could tell they were FRESH!!!! WOW!!!! We were served chips and salsa, and while we waited for our meal, we could see the fisherman bringing our fresh mahi-mahi from the bat and filleting them right there…

Then came our meal…, I can't tell you how amazing this was. Fresh crispy fried fish with the freshest, softest tortillas we have ever had (although there was no need for those since the fish was so incredibly fresh, tasty and perfect by itself). The fist was perfectly friend and scored and sectioned to make it easier to eat. Just a squeeze of lime, and you are good to go! Perfect golden brown, crispy on the outside, flaky and moist on the inside, perfectly seasoned!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it…

We paid under $30.00 and the two of us left satisfied and there was still some meat left on the fish. I would definitely go back!! Go visit, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank wanderlust_plankton
Reviewed June 19, 2014

best lobster tail and fish. it started to rain but the food was so good, we did not care!!!!!!!!! great location by the water as well

1  Thank mygemini5
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Minino's earned three visits on an two day visit to Playa. It is our favorite Mexican Restaurant and seems filled each night with locals and tourists. Highly recommended by our dive shop as a place the locals eat, we loved it.

1  Thank napping88