“Dive with The Best!”
Review of Sea Hawk Divers

Sea Hawk Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Sea Hawk Divers" is a unique dive shop offering a variety of tours, all in the beautiful ocean. One could go diving on a beautiful reef, the majestic underwater sculptures, or a mysterious shipwreck. If you can’t dive yet, you can always take their resort course or get PADI certified. Snorkeling is also always an option, but whichever tour you choose with Sea Hawk Divers, you will see wonderful underwater wildlife, and have fun!
Miami, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Dive with The Best!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stopped by Sea Hawk Divers to inquire about a dive. I was pleasantly greeted by Bonnie. I explained to her I wanted to do a shallow dive and as a PADI open water diver, she was able to accommodate my request the next day. The next day, I arrived and was fitted for my wetsuit and gear. The ride out to the reef was stunning with all the beautiful turquoise waters and the boat is a fun experience. Cameron was the dive master for this trip and he is very skilled, knowledgeable and makes you feel at ease. The dive was fabulous and had lots of down time. Everything went perfect. I would recommend Sea Hawk Divers for anyone from junior beginner divers to the young at heart divers. They know how to work with all skill levels...and I will dive with them again on my next trip to Isla.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Susan_Powers_2004

Regina, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing experience,”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family and I did a discovery dive with Sea Hawk. Two of us had their PADI open water dive certifications. The dive masters took us to the underwater museum and were so professional and helpful. They new exactly how to calm you down and be able to really enjoy the experience. Our instructors Carlos and Cam are the only reason I was able to get under the water and I am sure glad I did. I would recommend a discovery dive to anyone who is not sure how they feel about scuba but are adventurous! Also there is no where better than Sea Hawk to take you diving on the entire island.

Visited January 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Operation and Whale Shark Tour Guide”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have had the good fortune to spend several months on Isla Mujeres each of the last two years, and we found that Sea Hawk Divers is a fantastic dive operation for both diving and whale shark tours. Owned and operated by the very capable husband and wife team of Ariel and Bonnie Barandica, it is a very service oriented and customer-centric dive operation.

We have been diving with them several times over the past two years and have also gone out with them to swim with the whale sharks twice. The whale shark swims are quite thrilling. Be sure to bring a camera. (If you don't have one, Sea Hawk can rent you a GoPro video camera.)

Ariel and Bonnie are both wonderful folks, very warm and welcoming. And their whole crew of dive guides and boat captains--Eduardo, Roberto, Juan and Gonzalo--are topnotch as well. All are prepared to make sure that you have a great (and safe) time in the water.

While we haven't stayed at their apartments, they do have several units located at their diver shop.

Hopefully, we will return next year. And when we do, we know that we don't need to consider anyone but Sea Hawk as our first choice in dive operators.

Visited October 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dive Shop for Divers & Whale Shark Tours”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have spent 2 weeks on Isla Mujeres and have booked some scuba dives and our Whale Shard Tour with Sea Hawk Divers. Here some details why we hardly recommend this dive shop:
- Family owned business & very nice and sympathic people :)
- There 2 boats are located at the nice bay of the Northern Beach (nice starting of the trip and you can comfortably step into the boat from the landing stage)
- Their dive master Eduardo is taking care greatly about all snorkellers & divers and we felt absolutely safe under his guidance
- The Whale Shark tour was extremely great since we were only 4 guests on the boat and we spend a very long time in the water with the whale sharks (other fishing boats had 10 or more guests on board). Roberto (our guide in the water) was also very good in navigating us to the whale sharks
Next time we will also do our dives again with them.

Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Swimming with Whale Sharks and Giant Manta Rays”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wow, absolutely amazing, a true Discovery/National Geographic moment! My husband and I took our 13 year old daughter and were arms length from these gentle giants: whale sharks and giant rays. Their size, beauty and grace is unforgettable and these memories will last a lifetime! Isn't that what a vacation is about?
Ariel, his wife and the experienced divers provided a fantastic and safe experience. I did see other companies/tours that were not as attentive or professional.
Sea Hawk Divers provided the wet suits, fins, snorkels, life jackets (if needed), guided divers, food, drinks and anti nausea pills for sea sickness (take the pills, the one macho-man in our group didn't and well, he paid the price.)
I did witness several different tour groups, who didn't provide wet suits, fins and clearly didn't offer the pills as multiple heads were over the sides of their boats. We felt so bad for them; I'm sure that being sea sick is the only thing they will remember.
Once again, thanks Ariel!

Visited July 2013