“Great value”

Garrafon de Castilla
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place was super cool. For a small fraction of the price of the other park you get a lot of the same fun (minus the zip-line). I would recommend coming early because the small beach get crowed quickly. Snorkeling gear and lockers and available for dirt cheap.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have snorkeled all around the island. Without going far out on a tour, and often even then, Garrafon de Castilla is the place to snorkel on Isla. It is way better than at the park next door, as I have been to both. We loved it so much we went back the very next day! For only $5 you get in and have access to showers, restrooms, tables and chairs, water entries, etc. You can rent gear if you do not have your own for a very reasonable price. We had our own, but I do like to have a vest sometimes, and that can be rented for $2 per person. I believe lockers were also $2. There is a restaraunt on site as well for food and drinks. We did not try it as we were there just for the snorkeling, so I can't comment on that. We saw such a huge variety of fish and sea life! Not much coral, but we saw rays, puffer, starfish, barracuda, urchin, tons of variety of fish in beautiful colors ( too many to name), and some HUGE fish as well. Do not miss this opportunity! It is right by Garrafon park. You will see a sign at the top of a little road down the hill.

1  Thank cdnusbaum
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place is just outside the more well known Garafon snorkeling site and offers a quaint and cheap alternative.

You'll need the golf cart to get here and its about 15 minutes to drive. Once you spot the sign drive down the gravel drive and park your cart. The entry fee is minimal, and the two times we came here, the visitors very few.

The place is cheap and with few amenities. You can rent towels and snorkels. There is a very basic restaurant on site that makes for a nice lunch, but very, very simple.

The fish and the water are the star of the show, and with the fish food available for purchase, you will be surrounded by gaping fish mouths.

I counted about a dozen kind of fish, so that should give you a sense of what you are buying.

Tip: Don't expect much and just enjoy the laid back atmosphere

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Someone at my hotel told me about $50 peso snorkeling, I didn't believe it but went to check it out. What a beautiful place smack dab next to garrafon park. For the life of me I don't understand why someone would pay more money for the park when this place shares the same cove. What a great time snorkeling at your own leisure, no vest required, i saw probably 8-10 different type of fish. Made for a great relaxing afternoon. Closes at 5 pm. Bring your own snorkel gear for the $50 peso price or add $100 pesos to rent equipment. Can't beat a day of snorkeling for $14dollars enjoy!

2  Thank Oceanluvr2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went here for snorkeling on the advice of a couple from our hotel. They said it was basically the same reef at Garrafon Park but a fraction of the price. We all had our own snorkel gear so I don't know how their rentals were. We rented a locker but we really didn't need to- most of the visitors were families with children and they left massive amounts of stuff out. The snorkeling area was huge but we kept seeing the same fish over & over again- maybe 3-4 varieties? After a few hours we got bored and left. There was just as good snorkeling, in my opinion, for free at the lagoon area before the Avalon hotel (but not as cool a reef area).

1  Thank Becky E