“ES TODO BUENO!!!”

Barlito
Ranked #15 of 209 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Barlito Marino Paraiso offers daily outdoor dining with fresh made to order entrees highlighting the incredible fresh produce, locally caught fish & meats of the Yucatan with our wonderful homemade baked goods. An incredible setting on the bay with tree covered dining areas, beautiful views & lots of natural wildlife. Our menu options include homemade bagels, salads, nachos, pizzas, fish n chips, shrimp & paninis. Lots of vegetarian options. Open daily at Marina Paraiso, breakfast,lunch & dinner from 7:30am to 9:30pm. Our palapa bar serves beverages from 7:30am to 11pm.
Etoile Texas
“ES TODO BUENO!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Food excellent with wonderful options.
Atmosphere, trees, view, pool beautiful.
Our host/head waiter Daniel and wait staff Miguel and Donnie were extremely helpful and friendly.
Outstanding.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tim C
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about Barlito Marina Paraiso. We too love the atmosphere, trees, view & pool. It is a beautiful place to come to work every day.

We are so glad you enjoyed your menu options. We have really tried to highlight fresh local products in some fun unique ways & well as some classics. We do have a broad range of clients from all over the world that visit Barlito some living on the Island, some visiting the Island, some staying with us at the hotel & some on boats in our marina. On any given day, we have several countries represented on the property! This is just one the things that makes Isla great!

We thank you for highlighting our staff that really stood out to you. English as a second language or restaurant English (as I call it) can sometimes be difficult. Our staff tries to go above & beyond. It is so nice when they are appreciated on TripAdvisor by clients!

Thank you again for coming to Barlito Marina Paraiso. We look forward to your next trip!

My best regards,

• Polish first
San Jose, California
“Surprised by highest TripAdvisor rating & highly disappointed.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Came to Barlito based on high TripAdvisor rating and the listing as a "most economical restaurant" given that it only has $.

The setting is the restaurant's best asset and the owners were quite friendly. Food and service were not great though.

Ordered fajitas. They were very bland. Rice. & beans had more flavor than the fajitas. In addition I had to convince the waiter that I wanted tortillas and not the garlic bread they brought to the table. Tortillas are standard for fajitas. That was after waiting for almost an hour when the restaurant did not seem super busy.

Nothing was offered while we waited. If a long wait is to be expected maybe you could offer chips. & salsa or something. At other restaurants on the island we were served fresh food, cooked to order in a fifth of the time, even when they were busier than Barlito was this evening.

As far as being an economical choice, there are many other restaurants serving more flavorful food and charging half as much.

3 Thank 22michael22
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I just hate that you & rktaranto were so disappointed. When I was chatting with you, I know you were really enjoying your time on Isla. I hope your dinner at Barlito didn't put a damper on your whole vacation.

I am not quite sure where the listing as a "most economical restaurant" is. As I mentioned in my response below, our menu items range from $30 pesos ($2.40 US) to $195 pesos ($15.60 US). The average item on our breakfast menu is $80 pesos ($6.40 US). On the bar & grill menu it is on average $107.59 ($8.61 US) & on our dinner menu the average is $140.90 pesos ($11.27 US). This includes appetizers, salads & entrees but not desserts & an exchange of 12.5. I would not say we are the most economical, especially if you want street food but after tallying up our averages, I think we are quite reasonable.

Regardless of our price, if you were unhappy with your quality of food & service, under no circumstances should you have paid for it. As you know, I left with our children but my husband was onsite. I am terribly sorry your unhappiness was not communicated to him. I did know the kitchen was backed up with the two tables of 12 that sat before you & I did apologize to you for the delay. I would have much preferred you talking with my husband before leaving & not having to pay for your meals.

The only way to improve our quality of service & food is to have honest reviews like yours. I only wish we could have made it right before you left the Marina. I do hope you were able to enjoy some of our wonderful more economical places to eat, like the cart by the basketball court that I told you about!! While I don't expect to see you back at our restaurant, I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation enough to come back to the Island.

San Juan Bautista, CA
“Not True to the Ratings - Not a $ Value”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Atmosphere is nice at night with colorful glass lanterns hanging from the trees on the outdoor deck. Owners are friendly. That is where the good ends.

Waiters are not friendly nor attentive.

Wrong beer delivered twice

Waited for nearly an hour for food. Only four tables filled in the restaurant.

Had to listen to the waiters yell out to each other & sprint back and forth across the deck.

Fish & chips was two hunks and one nugget of fish

Fajitas came with garlic bread and no tortillas. Took two discussions with the waiter, in Spanish, to convince him that fajitas come with tortillas in Mexico. Fajitas were nothing more than a side of vegetables you would get at Denny's.

One $ rating? Every entree on the menu was closer to $20!

When I said that I was not satisfied, I was offered a beer. I kindly declined and asked for the check that charged us for an extra beer that I didn't drink.

Go to one of the hole in the wall places. Better service, better food, better price.

I would not recommend Barlito to anyone. I have no clue why it has such a high rating????

5 Thank rktaranto
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I really enjoyed meeting you & your dining companion 22Michael22. I am very sorry you had such an unpleasant experience at our restaurant. Your complaints are justified & our staffs behavior was unacceptable. Our kitchen was backed up & our waiter was running around frantic. In low season, on a Monday we just weren't prepared for two parties of 12 to sit down just before you did. That is no excuse for unfriendly service. Regardless, of how stressed someone may be, you still need to treat each customer with the same respect & be hospitable. Your waiter is one of our best & was clearly having an off night. This was not fair to you.

On the night, you dined our Executive Chef was off & neither he nor I have any clue why you would have been served garlic bread with your fajitas. Seriously, we are in Mexico everyone knows fajitas come with tortillas!

I am not clear where the $ rating is? Above in our details, it has a price range from $39 pesos to $195 pesos that covers our breakfasts through our bar menu & our dinner entrees. Our most expensive item is $195 pesos with an average exchange of 12.5 it comes out to $15.60 (US). There is nothing on our menu for $250 pesos or $20 (US) dollars. It does say dining on a budget in our restaurant details. We do think our prices are fair for the quality of ingredients & the portions.

I feel terrible you were charged for a beer that you did indeed not have. This should have been immediately removed from your check. I had left the Marina with my kids by the time you ate & paid. My husband was onsite & had he known how unhappy you were, we would have not charged you for your meals. There was a break down in communication with our staff & I am very, very sorry.

Knowing that you prefer more hole in the wall spots, I do hope you tried the cart I was telling you about down the street from your accommodations across from the basketball court on Hidalgo. They really have wonderful quasadillas & memelas. You don't have water views but it is fun to watch the pick up basketball games.

While I totally understand after your experience that Barlito is just not for you, I did enjoy talking with you both & hope you had a wonderful vacation on Isla!

“Stuffed Grouper”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The food here is amazing! I love the new location too! We had the shrimp appetizer, stuffed grouper and a cinnamon dessert. Sorry i dont have the names for you but all of it was so good! Besides that the stuff is very nice. We love coming to see Tiffany! Cant wait to go back and try something new

• Visited June 2014
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you very much for visiting us in our new location! We do love being on the water & having such beautiful outside dining options. We are so glad you enjoyed your stuffed grouper. It is a favorite on our menu. Brad & our chef are all about fresh locally caught seafood. Multiple daily trips to the fisherman's coop are normal. If there are storms or bad weather, we are perfectly okay telling our clients that we just don't have fish that day. We so appreciate you taking the time to post a review & really look forward to your next visit!

Shawnee, Oklahoma
“You won't leave hungry!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Read all the TripAdvisor reviews so we just HAD to stop in and see what the fuss was all about. Now we understand! Our family of 5 received great service from what seemed like the entire waitstaff! Everyone worked as a team to take care of us and the food....outstanding! We ALL loved our dishes but I have to say, the spaghetti was the BEST I've ever had. I wish I had the recipe for the sauce because it was out of this world. Overall, it was the best meal I had during our 8 day trip. Thank you for a great meal and great service! Danny is an asset who gave excellent advice on all of the choices so we greatly appreciated that! In addition to the great food the atmosphere was just so relaxing and beautiful. No hustle and bustle, just pure serenity.

Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your dinner with us at Barlito Marina Paraiso. We have been called out as to why we have spaghetti Bolognese on the menu. It is normally a favorite among our Mexican Nationals (& our kids). I am so glad you liked it. Our chef, Brayan is so proud of his sauce, it cooks all day. You would think he had an Italian grandma like my friends growing up in NY teaching him the secret family recipe! Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. Obviously, you could tell Danny loves his clients & we really have a nice team at Marina Paraiso. Things are not always perfect but we really do want our customer service to be a priority. We so appreciate you coming for dinner & hope to see you the next time you are on the Island!

My best regards,