“A NO-BRAINER!”

Barlito
Ranked #14 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Barlito Marino Paraiso offers daily outdoor dining with fresh made to order entrees highlighting the incredible fresh produce, locally caught fish & meats of the Yucatan with our wonderful homemade baked goods. An incredible setting on the bay with tree covered dining areas, beautiful views & lots of natural wildlife. Our menu options include homemade bagels, salads, nachos, pizzas, fish n chips, shrimp & paninis. Lots of vegetarian options. Open daily at Marina Paraiso, breakfast,lunch & dinner from 7:30am to 9:30pm. Our palapa bar serves beverages from 7:30am to 11pm.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Love the splendid new location but my wife and I knew exactly what to expect - as we've been fans (therefore friends) of Barlito and owners Tiff and Brad from Hidalgo Street - from the get-go. Fabulous food - and the previous Trip Advisor "reviewer" has it right; warning about the delicious portions - made and served by fabulous people. Late lunch today consisted of a delicious salad for my wife and one of the very best BLT's this boy has ever had...and this boy has had plenty of BLT's! It should be BBLT. Biggest BLT this boy has ever had. But, of course, absolutely delicious. And, of course, we knew it [all] would be.

Our server, Anna, couldn't possibly have been more professional or pleasant. And that includes all the servers we had the pleasure of encountering this fine day.

Congrats on the new spot and see you again soon.

1  Thank theghostwriter
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Owner at Barlito, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

We so appreciate your kind review & continual support of Barlito. Our new location is different as is our menu, our clients & our business but we are just thrilled with this new challenge & opportunity. Barlito still has it's signature baked goods, paninis & huge fresh salads which I know are always a big hit! We really appreciate clients like you & value your opinions. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your support on TripAdvisor & visit us more than once while you were on the island. We look forward to your next visit.

Fondly,
Tiffany

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our first morning on Isla at the new location of Barlito.

We arrived at 10:45 am and there were only a few full tables. I'm not sure why the previous reviewer had such bad service.

Our server Nemo was prompt, courteous and helpful w the menu.

We shared a famous Brad's cinnamon roll w almonds and raisins - delicious!

Then the meals came - the breakfast Paninis were SO ENORMOUS! They were delicious w freshly made bread and filled w tasty ingredients. But we couldn't eat more than 1/2 of one and felt so guilty wasting that great food! We were headed into town for the day and couldn't go back to our hotel to save it the the fridge.
Oh, well - unless you have huge appetites I recommend you share a meal. We will the next time we go. The setting is great on a deck shaded by trees next to the Paraiso Marina.

The food is also reasonably priced IMO.

We highly recommend you visit the new location, just be wary of the portion size.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

We do feel we have good size portions for the price & would rather you had leftovers then leave hungry! But don't worry about what you left on your plate! Barlito has always been very supportive of Isla Animals our local rescue & shelter. The kids & I work with dogs at Alison's & in our neighborhood as well as the kid's school neighborhoods. I save all the scraps & give them to the dogs we work with. Your sandwich would have gone to Bonito, a would be beautiful but filthy Bischon like looking dog covered in dread locks & ticks. Bono as we call him for short is a bit vicious. Our goal is to get him to trust us, like us & let us give him a haircut & clean him up. The best way to do this from previous experience is by Barlito srcaps left on plates. It has been almost two months & while Bono still won't let me touch him, he does come running out to his bowl when he hears me pull up. This is progress! So thank you for contributing to Bono's rehabilitation!

We are glad you were happy with your service & food. And as for the previous poster, we did screw up their order & their experience was not good. Every day is a new day & we will continue to do the best we can. That is all we can ask from our staff & ourselves. We thank you again for your kind words & support in our new endeavor! We hope to see you when you are back on the Island.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We came after reading the reviews on tripadviser. We ordered two burgers and waited for almost 1 hour when it finally was ready it was taken from our table and given to other table in a claim it's not our order. After realize that it was our order cause we first ordered the waitress admitted in it but didnt offer us noting and just said it will take another 20 min. Another thing to mention is the place was not busy at all and there were 2-3 tables but still they couldn't give a good service.

2  Thank 939maayanb

First off, I want to apologize for your experience at Barlito Marina Paraiso. You are absolutely right to be annoyed & mad. I remember you, ironically Brad & I were in a staff meeting just up from your table discussing customer service with our daytime wait staff. The second shift had just come on. It was a beautiful afternoon.

We did screw up your order & I am very sorry that we could not make it right. If you had not had a time restraint you would have received your burgers at no cost after an awful delay. Since you did have to be somewhere, we gave you a round of drinks with a sincere apology. Even after being in the industry for a long time & knowing that mistakes happen like food going to the wrong table, it still makes me feel terrible. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Barlito Marina Paraiso. If you do decide to give us another shot, be sure to ask for me & I will make sure your burgers are on us.

First impressions are everything & I do understand, if you are not interested in coming back. Please do accept my apology & we hope, aside from your experience at our place that you enjoyed your time on Isla.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We did a morning walk to Barlito for breakfast. Not far really even from Playa Norte where we were staying, They still have their great breakfast and now in really wonderful setting. Next time will try there dinner and music which sounds so much fun.

Thanks for venturing out to Marina Paraiso to visit Barlito! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

We too love our new setting. And now that we have a big kitchen & bakery, we can have dinner at night! That was something we always wanted to do downtown but our location was just too small.

Having music now is an extra bonus. On Thursdays, we have Daddy Blues, a local father & son duo, Miguel & Sebastian from 6 to 8pm. On Fridays, we have Jeff Current of Isla Animals who performs for the doggies of Isla from 6 to 9pm. On Saturdays, we switch it up with visiting musicians like Ken Wanovich of Keys4Life & local musicians like Seblues & Brothers Band. We do hope on your next visit you can have dinner & enjoy some music with us! Our executive chef starts next week & we are really excited about the menu he & other chef will be putting together for dinner!

Thank you again for your nice review & we look forward to having you back at Barlito Marina Paraiso!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

It took us a long time to find the new location because we were looking for a place with something out front that said Barlito's. We stopped in for breakfast and opted for the Panini's. Very delicious and very large portion. I found it to be okay, but I found had more "wow" moments at several other less rated restaurants/Cafés on the island.

1  Thank Ron V

Thanks for taking the time to post a review for Barlito Marina Paraiso.

We too share your frustration on our signage. We have had numerous unsuccessful attempts to track down the Island sign guy. He does beautiful hand painted signs. Which we want him to paint for Barlito, the hotel, the marina & our dive shop, Paradise Divers. Apparently, he had too much fun during Carnival & we have yet to find him. We did order a lona, a sign similar to the ones already out front. We have submitted all the artwork & now we just wait. Mexican holidays really slow already slow things down! It is just the way it is. I learned a long time ago in Mexico you just have to be patient. But if we don't have signs by your next visit I might just go crazy!!

We are sorry we didn't WOW you but we are glad you enjoyed your panini. We are happy that you did have several WOW moments on your vacation & that you enjoyed Isla. Hopefully, you will visit the Island again!