“One of my Favorites in Isla Mujeres”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Picus Cockteleria

Picus Cockteleria
Ranked #47 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Greensboro, North Carolina
“One of my Favorites in Isla Mujeres”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have traveled to Isla Mujeres many times over the past 10 years and one of my favorite restaurants in Isla is Picus. The restaurant is on the beach. It is covered and you sit in chairs in the sand while the curteous and hard working staff makes some of the finest seafood dishes on the island. One one trip, we caught a large snapper that we brought to the restaurant and they fried it whole and served it to our group. The conch salad is sublime and some of the best that I have tasted. It is an amazing and magical place to go in Mexico.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jeffrey114

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The best thin about this place was the service - and after staying in a hotel where it lacked and the mood was down, I have a new appreciation for great service. They weren't pushy getting you in the door, but once in they were very friendly and attending. Love music was an added bonus and set the mood. We got the seafood platter for two for 420 pesos. For about $35USD they started us with chips and salsa (boyfriend said best he has had in three weeks in Mexico), then the platter of lobster tail, fish (amazing!), 5 prawns, 2 octopus fillets, tortillas, salad, rice and guacamole. Back home the lobster alone would be double that. I found it a little salty but my boyfriend loved it! It was definitely fresh and would go back again for the friendly service of the locals that run it.

• Visited April 2013
Norton
“Relaxed, friendly, welcoming - went there every day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had been to Mujeres before, but not Picus. I found it on day two of my most recent trip and went there every day after that. The staff are realy friendly and not over-bearing, that the whole place is on the sand from the street right through to the tables on the beach by the sea is charming, the prices are really reasonable (cheapest beer in Mujeres!), not a huge range of food, but everything I had (seafood cocktail, fried fish, gaucamole) was great, free wifi, and they don't mind you taking your time. It does get busy (which is a good sign) but never too busy or crowded. Nice to be able to watch the fishermen preparing their catch and see the pelicans waiting for the scraps! When I go back to Mujeres, I will only go to Picus! Love it.

• Visited February 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Fresh fish at Picus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went to Picus for dinner tonight. They fill the bill in so many ways--beautiful views of the water and the sunset, friendly service, and delicious seafood. We had grilled shrimp and fish prepared in the traditional style. Both dishes were great, came with all the sides, and satisfied us completely. Wonderful music filled the night. We left completely relaxed. This is our third year coming to Picus. They don't disappoint.

• Visited April 2013
New York
“Another old stand by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have been going to Picus for 10 years. Shrimp ceviche is very good, as is garlic fish, garlic shrimp. seafood soup and whole fried fish. It's fun to watch the fishermen come in and sell their fresh fish. Had a red snapper, stuffed with seafood, literally right off the boat, which was delicious.

• Visited March 2013