“Very Nice People & Great Snorkeling!”
Review of Casa Del Buceo

Casa Del Buceo
Ranked #1 of 49 Tours in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Dive center, PADI certifications, snorkeling, whale shark tour, pleasure trips, reef dive, adventure dive, night dive, discovery scuba for beginners, open water course, advanced open water course, rescue course, private tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Baltimore, MD
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Very Nice People & Great Snorkeling!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked a none-private, early morning snorkeling trip for 5 people at Casa Del Buceo - based solely on the TripAdvisor reviews. We planned to visit 3 places. It was very, very, nice. We started at 8am, and we were able to visit places that were great for snorkeling before the large tourist groups arrived. I especially liked that they did not just take us someplace at tell us to jump in. Instead, our guide went in with us & guided us from point A to point B - where our small boat picked us up. We were fans of the reefs & lighthouse area - but not so much the underwater museum, as it was in deeper water and we were just snorkeling.
As for the small boat, it was no problem for most of us, but one of us was a bit queasy When we were finished, they rinsed our gear for us, called us a cab, and suggested a place in town for us to eat breakfast & rent a golf cart to tour the island. It was all very nice.
While we had originally booked a none-private trip at $50 per head, no one else showed up that morning. So, they charged the private rate of $60 per person. We had a great time, and I did not feel like arguing, because they were genuinely nice & let us choose the early start time, etc... But, if this is a big deal to you - bring your original confirmation (I forgot mine).
Overall, I'd give them 4+ stars ! We truly enjoyed the trip, and we enjoyed supporting a small local business that simply loves what they do. It was a break from the other touristy things of the week.

Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are you for scuba?”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This place was amazing! My fiancee and I have never gone scuba diving before and he was nervous about learning and "diving" right in so quickly. There was nothing to be nervous about because the instructions were so clear and we did a practice run just to get used to everything. After we go our sea legs (I can't stop using these puns) Enrique took us to an awesome spot that was loaded with coral reefs, exotic fish and colorful plant life. I have never seen anything so amazing in all my life. It was like watching the Discovery Channel only in real life.

Enrique was so patient with us and probably the best part was that it was a private tour for just the two of us so we really had that 1 on 1 attention that made us feel safe and comfortable. I'm forgetting exact details, but the trip lasted probably 2-2.5 hours and for less than $100pp we got gear, lessons, a boat ride, and a private coral reef tour.

I would definitely recommend Casa Del Bueceo to anyone on Isla looking to scuba.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ninatwo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So many fish!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Juan, our guide during snorkling was great! He took us to a few main areas where fish gathered and we saw plenty! It was only 45 dollars and we were out in the water for a few hours. They were very welcoming and kept the entire trip interesting. It was especially great because we actually booked them like an hour before we got to the island, and ended up being the only family with Juan so it ended up being a private tour. I would recommend them if you want to see fish and take back souvenirs from the ocean!

Redondo Beach, California
“Best "Deal" of our trip!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon of snorkeling With Enrique and Darwin from Casa Del Buceo. The trip was tailored just for the two of us and we were treated to wonderful coral and sea life on all three trips into the water. We first met Pablo as we arrived at the dive shop (half an hour early) and he supplied us with cervezas and got us comfortable with our snorkeling gear and prepped us on our trips for the day. We were really taken care of from the moment we walked into this "family owned and run" operation. This was by far the best deal of our trip and I would highly recommend a trip out to Isla Mujeres and and a snorkeling adventure with these fine folks!

David & Theresa P.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Amazing Whale Shark Tour”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were referred to Casa del Buceo by a couple at our Resort who absolutely loved their dive trips with them. Paul the owner quickly accommodated us and our friends for the whale shark trip after another company canceled our trip the day prior at 5:30 pm. The Captin, Darwin and guide Enrique where awesome they made the experience even better. We were one of the first boats to arrive at the location and one the last to leave. There was never any pressure to leave they even took us to the beach and waited for us then dropped us off directly in front of out hotel. We all had a splendid time and just amazed at the experience to swim with the whale sharks. Most importantly we know that it was because of the crew that took us that we had such an amazing time. I highly recommend Casa Del Buceo.