“Guided Snorkeling is the way to go!”
Review of Casa Del Buceo

Casa Del Buceo
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Dive center, PADI certifications, snorkeling, whale shark tour, pleasure trips, reef dive, adventure dive, night dive, discovery scuba for beginners, open water course, advanced open water course, rescue course, private tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had been snorkeling before at other places.. But it was pretty much jump in the water, and you're on your own. Hopefully your untrained eye will see something nice.

Here, your guide goes in the water with you. He points things out you'd never see yourself. Lots of fish camouflage themselves - an average person would never see them.

Our guide spoke good english and was very friendly. He even got us to see some turtles! A great and affordable experience. I concur with the 5-star ratings here.

1  Thank apa a

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ramon, Pablo and crew all know how to make a dive experience. They handled all our equipment, took us to key spots with excellant vis and a variety of critter/coral to view, including a great drift dive and really made the trip worth while. Of all the dive shops I've worked with this was easily the most helpful and one of the very best experiences I've had. I also did the Whale Shark adventure off of the island. It was exciting to be so close to such a large animal and is worth the time it takes. The best part of the trip was the Buceo dive crew. Greg K Phoenix AZ

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We returned to Pablo and his wonderful family/crew with our family of 1st time snorkelers. With us, apprehensive adults and kids 9 and 11. Pablo asked us what would be the most important for us to see, and we wanted lots of fish for the kids. He took us to 2 wonderful spots, and saw squid, parrot and clown fish, sting rays, I could go on and on! We decided on an hour and a 1/2, not sure how much the kids would do, but we should've went longer! My sister and her husband loved it just as much! I could not have asked for a better afternoon with a more professional, knowledgeable, and kind group. Thanks to Pablo, our family wants to know when we'll take them again!

2  Thank along0111
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I highly recommend Casa del buceo for your discovery scuba diving trip! While my husband and i were snorkeling at the Garrafon de Castillo, we saw a small scuba group come in for shallow water practice. I ran over to see if they had availability and they were more than accomodating. Although it was a bit pricier than other companies, my husband and I had one instructor for the both of us, whereas we passed two boats with at least 20 people scuba diving as a large group. Being our first time scuba diving, the staff made sure we were well prepared and comfortable each step of the way. Enrique was a wonderful guide and took underwater pictures for us with a high-tech digital camera. The whole experience was well worth the money and the memories are priceless!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We did not know about this place not did we do any research. We took a boat over to Isla de Las Mujeres from Cancun, rented a cart and started driving in search of somewhere to snorkel. The first one we found was Casa Del Buceo. We were greeted by the staff and offered a great deal. My husband, 10 year old son, and myself. My son and I wanted to snorkel. Boy did we hit the jackpot. The young boy, Pablo is a professional scuba diver. He took me and my little boy out to the reefs on a very personalized snorkeling adventure providing us with safety and making sure we were comfortable. He took special care to keep an eye on my 10 year old as if he were an adult And to make it all the better, he took pictures of us scuba diving and sent the pictures to us via e-mail. It took a view times to get the pictures maybe just due to international internet, but they tried 4 or 5 times to get them to me to make sure, until we finally got them. I really appreciate that, as those are special memories for a Mama. I've snorkeled many times at many different areas and have never had the time, care and attention that was given to us by this family owned business. When we return, we will definitely visit again. We highly recommend this place for snorkeling and scuba diving! I never go on line and rate events, but they really deserve it! Muchas gracias amigos y hasta pronto! ReNay M. from Colorado