“Great experience!!”
Review of Casa Del Buceo

Casa Del Buceo
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Dive center, PADI certifications, snorkeling, whale shark tour, pleasure trips, reef dive, adventure dive, night dive, discovery scuba for beginners, open water course, advanced open water course, rescue course, private tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Villa Rolandi the second week in January 2013. My husband was determined to dive for the first time and was not disappointed. The hotel told us the best company to go with was Casa Del Buceo. They were right! Pablo and his staff were very accomodating and knowledgable. We highly recommend snorkeling/diving with this company. Pablo was so great in getting us in the water despite numerous days of high winds. Enrique was exceptional with his guidance, knowledge and humor. I snorkeled above my husband and Enrique with another staff member(cannot remember his name). We saw turtles, star fish, octopus, eels and numerous fish, including lionfish. We will definitely be going out again with this company as soon as we can return to Isla!!

2  Thank sungoddess33
in 11 reviews
"sea sickness"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I dove with Pablo (Divemaster/Instructor) and his team consisting of Enrique, a divemaster who is Pablo's brother, and Juan, the captain. We dove 3 days with Pablo, from October 25th through October 27th. The dive sites were great. The care & respect for the reef was great. They were very attentive. They were very helpful in changing our dive tanks, making sure that we were hidrated and shaded, and we had good bottom times (we dive with computers). At the end of the three day trip they took great care in rinsing all our equipment and hanging it up to dry. Later in the evening they brought our equipment back to our hotel. It was great not to have to pack wet equipment. I am a dive instructor so I really appreciated all the extra care taken. We plan to go to Isla Mujeres again this year and we plan to dive again with Pablo. Safety is of the utmost importance with Pablo. We also enjoyed his nephew, who dove with us on the last day and took photos. We had a wonderful experience and highly recommend them to anyone diving in Isla Mujeres. MaryAnn & David

1  Thank MaryAnn T
Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading the reviews, we booked a snorkling tour with Casa Del Buceo and we couldn't have been happier. We had paypal'd a deposit before we left for the trip and when 2 of us were sick, they rescheduled us without a problem. They were easy to get to, a quick cab ride from the ferry dock on the Isla Mujeres. We had 2 people in the water with the 3 of us and they pointed out many things that we would have missed. We let them use our underwater camera and they took some fabulous pictures for us. We saw turtle, grouper, star fish, eel, octopus, and lots of fish. This was such a GREAT value compared to trying to snorkle with 30 other people off a Catamaran.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I highly recommended Casa Del Buceo. Pablo was very honest about water conditions and made me feel comfortable that we were going to have a great time. I intended to go on the dive two days earlier but Pablo said it was too windy and explained we would not be able to see much due to the sand being stirred up. A less reputable company would have just taken our money and run. Enrique, my guide, was very knowledgeable and communicated very well how to use the equipment. They took one look at my personal mask and said it will not work well. I knew mine leaked just snorkeling. They gave me one of theirs and never had a problem with it. Looks like I need a new mask. He also was able to point out many different species while on the dive that I would have missed. I saw many eel, fish, lobster, octopus and lots of other things I have no idea what they were. My wife did not dive but followed along the surface snorkeling with another guide. One more nice thing about Casa Del Buceo was they picked us up at the dock to our hotel. I don't know if they do this for everyone because we stayed near to them at Hotel Villa Rolandi.

Thanks guys for giving me a new insight into a whole other world!

3  Thank AVLNorthCarolina