“Great spot good food,watch the boats come in”

Chuuk Kay Restaurant Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Went for happy ,hour, great friendly service, tough to find but a map was on there web site.be careful of the salsa .Its right beside the el verdero restaurant that I have been trying to find for four years

1  Thank Nrm_50

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We walked to Chuuk Kay after a visit at Villa La Bella. We were just there to have a couple of drinks and check the place out. We didn't bring enough money to eat there but thought we would take a look at the menu. After reviewing the menu, we decided to take a cab back to our hotel and get money then come back. The service there was wonderful and at the time there were two or three other tables occupied. When we came back we were the only customers there. We started with the onion rings and I ordered the tixinchik grouper and my boyfriend had the ribeye. I am not a big fish eater but wanted to try the area's signature dish. The meal they served me was a feast for all my senses. The presentation was awesome. The fish was topped with very finely sliced red onion, slices of fresh tomato and fresh cilantro. It was just wonderful. The ribeye was well seasoned and cooked perfectly. Chuuk Kay has a great, relaxing atmosphere and wonderful service. As we were leaving ALL of the staff (including the chefs) waved at us and thanked us for coming. We will be back!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Last year when we visited Isla Mujeres, we found Chuuk Kay by accident and stopped in for a drink and some guacamole. The setting is really neat, and set on a waterway which housed quite a few impressive boats. I found their website before our next visit and found out they had live music on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and happy hour from 3-5, so we made a point to stop in again. It was fun sitting outside and listening to the music. The lead musician was funny, very entertaining and they were actually pretty good. Nice for a quick stop when exploring the island on a golf cart. We ordered meals last year, but I can't remember how much we liked it, and stopped only for drinks this time, so I can't comment on the quality of their food.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

my wife and i ate there one evening and had the best meal of our trip, stuffed grouper, it was great our server was great it is in a very pretty spot we loved it, two nites later we brought our freinds for a lobster feast based on our previous expierience they showed us the lobster we were to get they looked great, ten minutes later they brought our lobster they were totally overcooked and lukewarm. they had obviously just warmed up some tails that had been cooked some time before, we did not enjoy our meal at all anyway we still tipped our waiter and this was the most upsetting part of our evening, he did not think we tipped enough as his service was good back home we would have sent the lobster back let alone leaving a big tip, we had two other lobster suppers on our stay and both were fabulous. i would definetly not recommend this place based on our second meal

2  Thank beach10vers
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Find it! Yes it is a bit hidden, but there are signs up pointing the way. The service was excellent, menu choices fit for everyone in our large group, portions are good and just the atmosphere sitting under the large palapala is relaxing. Everyone in our group loved this one.