“First time diver, great experience”

Squalo Adventures PADI Dive Resort #22312
Book In Advance
More Info
$400.00*
and up
Advanced Open Water Diver Course in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Based in Isla Mujeres, Mexico, Squalo Adventures is a family owned and operated scuba diving company. We have over 10 years of experience, providing divers with fun, safe, and unforgettable experiences scuba diving in Isla Mujeres. Since 2004, we have been assisting divers of all experience levels transform their scuba diving trip into top-notch reality. Squalo Adventures wants to provide a scuba diving trip that`s just right for you! No matter what your level of experience may be. Squalo Adventures and staff understand your passion for adventure because it`s our passion too! We know the marvel, majesty, and pure exhilaration of undersea exploration. We are committed to sharing that experience with as many people as possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I did my PADI scuba certification here. Everything went smoothly and I had a great experience. Stephanie (the blonde British lady) was my instructor, and she was wonderful. She's a great teacher. Being my first time diving, I was a bit nervous, but she made me feel totally safe and made the whole experience a lot of fun. I was lucky enough to be her only student the day I signed up for the certification course, so it was nice to have one-to-one attention. Everyone in the dive shop was very nice, and their prices seemed similar (maybe slightly cheaper) than some of the other dive shops nearby.

I would highly recommend this dive shop, and if I'm ever back in Isla, I will definitely dive with them again!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I arrived on Isla Mujeres on February 28th for a 10 day dive vacation. When I arrived the dive shop where I had previously booked my diving was not located where it was shown on the map, and inquiries at various tour booking kiosks and other dive shops said that the company I had booked with wasn't in business anymore. I was wondering how I was going to save my holiday. Then , by chance I ran into Andreas the owner of Squalo Divers. He put me in touch with the dive shop I had booked my dives with, and when I found out the shop I had intended to book my diving with wasn't diving the next day he said he had a group going out and suggested I go with them. I did 5 days diving and 2 night dives with Squalo Divers and had a very good experience with them. Squalo has a very good team of employees from the people in the office that take the bookings to the dive instructors and dive masters and including the young guys who haul your gear to the beach and back for you. Every one is friendly and helpful. Andreas is a great guy and does his best to plan dive sites that are varied, interesting and safe for every one on the boat that day. This isn't always easy because of different skill levels among the divers each day. But he did a great job and I can honestly say that the diving I did with Squalo was among the best I've done over the last 25 years. And I've been diving all over the world. Some of that is luck, some of it is the location, but a lot of it has to do with the people who are organizing and guiding the dives. I have no reservations recommending Squalo Divers to anyone who wants to dive while visiting Isla Mujeres whether your a complete beginner or have hundreds of dives under your belt.
Thanks Andreas I really appreciate how well you and your team treated me while I was diving with you.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Had the pleasure of finishing up my Padi open water diver certification with Squalo Adventures! Instructors Stephanie and Rachelle are top notch! Rachelle made me feel safe and comfortable the whole time diving - she is truly an incredible dive instructor! I highly recommend diving with Squalo Adventures, they are professional, reasonable, have an excellent staff and crew! I can't wait to go diving with them again!!!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

great divers excellent prices very professional great equipment. they took me on many exceptional dives and took me spear fishing for lion fish

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went snorkelling. Only 4 of us onboard besides staff. Solid,good-sized boat. Guide enjoyed what he was doing which made for a fun outing. Fabulous grilled fish lunch included. Very good deal for $35. Would definitely learn to scuba with Stephanie if we had more time. Located on Hidalgo across from Roosters ( who has giant capuccinos).