“EXCELLENT DIVE EXPERIENCE”

and up
Advanced Open Water Diver Course in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Based in Isla Mujeres, Mexico, Squalo Adventures is a family owned and operated scuba diving company. We have over 10 years of experience, providing divers with fun, safe, and unforgettable experiences scuba diving in Isla Mujeres. Since 2004, we have been assisting divers of all experience levels transform their scuba diving trip into top-notch reality. Squalo Adventures wants to provide a scuba diving trip that`s just right for you! No matter what your level of experience may be. Squalo Adventures and staff understand your passion for adventure because it`s our passion too! We know the marvel, majesty, and pure exhilaration of undersea exploration. We are committed to sharing that experience with as many people as possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Derby, Kansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT DIVE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visited with andres on monday when i arrived on the island about diving on tuesday. i met him and his crew at the dive shop the next morning and we walked a short distance to the pier. we dove manchones ,which was teeming with coral, colors, fish, etc...during our surface interval we ate fresh fruit, and drank bottled water which was provided by squaloadventures. the second dive was the musa museum, and then a different part of manchones reef. i have dove with andres and his crew multiple times prior to this; and would not hesitate at all to recommend their dive operation to use while on the island. thanks andres and crew for another excellent dive experience :)

Visited April 2013

Traverse City, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“GREAT TIME & PEOPLE!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Andres was accomodating from the moment I walked into the shop. Stephanie was very helpful in making my comfort level even better as I had just gotten certified the day before in Cancun and these were my first two dives with my temporary certification. She was great at explaining things and answering questions. Very competent and nice! She had a student that day and Arturo was my divemaster. I had two wonderful dives and got to see a great deal of sealife including a huge Stingray that Arturo said was the "Biggest Stingray" he had ever seen! Really Cool!

Visited February 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure with a fantastic team!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Andres and his team of divers are great! We got our scuba certification and got to see awesome sites! Thank you for taking such good care of us and making our trip fantastic. Can't wait to come see you again!!

Audubon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Our dive shop.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friends and I have been going to the scuba diving since 2007. We have settle in at Isla and squalo is like out preferred dive shop. When you are there ask for Adreas (Andy). They are a short walk to the pier and depending where you are diving it could be a 20 minute ride or re most an hour away. Most of the time it smooth sailing as thy adjust the dives do to wind and current. The crew is very knowledgable and friendly. I am on Facebook and Andy is on my friends list. We go to isla usually 3 times a year. Any question let me know.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Another wonderful experience!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thank you Andres for another great experience with Squalo. While back on Isla, I completed two additional specialty certifications with Adriana and Steph toward my PADI Master Scuba Diver credentials - everything was professional, fun and thorough. This trip, I finally made it to the C-55 wreck which was a breathtaking experience, swimming alongside the 30+ spotted eagle rays. Arturo was a fantastic dive master as well.

For seasoned divers considering the wrecks off Isla (C-55 or C-58 US WWII Gunboats gifted to Mexico), be ready to brave extremely strong currents and take care when using the line. This isn't usually a problem on the way down, but when you are coming up, you may be using more bicep/tricep muscles than you'd ever imagined to keep in place for the safety stop. Your hands may take quite a beating from the barnacles on the rope too, but it will all be worth it.

Consider bringing an underwater camera or GoPro to capture the fun!

Visited January 2013