“Another wonderful experience!”

Advanced Open Water Diver Course in Isla Mujeres
Ranked #12 of 50 Tours in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Based in Isla Mujeres, Mexico, Squalo Adventures is a family owned and operated scuba diving company. We have over 10 years of experience, providing divers with fun, safe, and unforgettable experiences scuba diving in Isla Mujeres. Since 2004, we have been assisting divers of all experience levels transform their scuba diving trip into top-notch reality. Squalo Adventures wants to provide a scuba diving trip that`s just right for you! No matter what your level of experience may be. Squalo Adventures and staff understand your passion for adventure because it`s our passion too! We know the marvel, majesty, and pure exhilaration of undersea exploration. We are committed to sharing that experience with as many people as possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thank you Andres for another great experience with Squalo. While back on Isla, I completed two additional specialty certifications with Adriana and Steph toward my PADI Master Scuba Diver credentials - everything was professional, fun and thorough. This trip, I finally made it to the C-55 wreck which was a breathtaking experience, swimming alongside the 30+ spotted eagle rays. Arturo was a fantastic dive master as well.

For seasoned divers considering the wrecks off Isla (C-55 or C-58 US WWII Gunboats gifted to Mexico), be ready to brave extremely strong currents and take care when using the line. This isn't usually a problem on the way down, but when you are coming up, you may be using more bicep/tricep muscles than you'd ever imagined to keep in place for the safety stop. Your hands may take quite a beating from the barnacles on the rope too, but it will all be worth it.

Consider bringing an underwater camera or GoPro to capture the fun!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"explained everything"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Wonderful dive resort! PADI accredited so you can be assured professionalism and peace of mind. I took my Open Water dive course here to get certified. Andres was my dive master, I would highly recommend. He is calm and confident and explains everything so well. I felt very secure the entire time and did not feel rushed. This is especially important for beginner divers! The following 4 dives I did with him were wonderful. He is relaxed, personable and the dives were so enjoyable (Not to mention that Isla Mujeres dive sites are gorgeous!) Highly recommend for all levels of divers, including beginners and those who want to get certified! You can do the course in only a few days!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I did a fun dive to the sculpture park on Isla Mujeres with Steph Hammond as our instructor and had a fantastic time! Steph was a great instructor - she was lots of fun but also really helpful and made us feel safe and comfortable. The boat trip included plenty of fruit and water and was generally very enjoyable. Thanks!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We did our 4 open water dives for the open water Padi certification and had Stephanie Hammond for an instructor and she was absolutely fantastic! She gave excellent pre-dive instructions, had the patience of a saint, and gave wonderful feedback after the dives. They recommended postponing because of rough seas a couple of days and as new divers that reassured us they cared more for us then money and they didn't rush us. We did skills during the dives but it was made a part of the experience and fun, not all work or rushed. We were very impressed with the way the took care of our diving equipment and had everything prepped for each dive and after we finished diving offered to clean our gear and keep it there to dry and put everything in our bags and had it ready for us to pick up. They treated our equipment like their own. They are the best! Thanks for experience and they made us want to come back and dive with them again!!!!! A++++++ group to work with. They arranged taxi's to and from the airport. Their was a glitch getting picked up but they did everything they could to make it right and the taxi back to the airport was perfect. We liked dealing with one company for several of our needs and they did a great job. Would recommend Andre and Stephanie (she's great!!!) and everyone there for a wonderful dive experience. We were there Dec 21st thru Dec 31, 2012. We did our first dive and ended up not diving again that day. They didn't mind having to have add another day to finish our required dives, they were very flexible to work with. We ended up doing an extra dive, which was great, and they gave us a reduced price on the tanks. Stephanie was so wonderful to work with and made us feel comfortable diving and didn't treat us like the newbies we were. We highly recommend these guys if you want a great dive experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The plan was for our adult daughter to complete her open water dive for PADI certification, my husband(a skilled diver) would join her and I would snorkel. Andrea was up-front with me that the water was so rough that I might not have a good time. I appreciated that honesty and had two great beach days. Waiting with my daughter, however, I was impressed with the patience and clarity with which Andrea conducted the pre-dive instruction. (I am also PADI cert., so have been through the training). My husband and daughter reported this attention to detail continued for both days spent diving. There was some paperwork issues, which were handled in a kind and patient manner. Great experience for all of us.