“Great Snorkeling!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Snorkeling!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My eighteen year old son and I went with members of Carey Dive Center for snorkeling at two spots off the west coast of Isla. El Farito was one of the stops. I scuba dive, but my son doesn't, however, what he was able to see was as close to scuba diving as one is going to get without going under. Various coral, barracuda, trunkfish, black grouper as well as the ever popular parrot fish and sergeant majors.

There is a slight current in this area, but because its part of marine park, all visitors must wear lifejackets, definitely a good thing. We were the only two on our trip. We had a guide and boat driver who took the time to explain to us what to keep an eye out for.

Through Carey Dive Center, we paid $35 US pp. I felt it was a great price being that there was only the two of us.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank SunDog61

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Some of the best snorkeling on Isla Mujeres”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We did the 2:00 PM trip with Captain Tony & Mundaca Divers. Well worth the $35 for the great service, good equipment and great snorkelling! Saw a ton of fish, including grouper and barracuda, plus a sea turtle! Easy way for a snorkeling novice to see what it's all about!

Visited June 2012
5 Thank Dave L
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Snorkeling”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We saw wonderful fish. The water is shallow and calm here. Loved it.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank KatGilbert
Boise, ID
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“We had a great time...”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We chartered a catamaran for a private sail through Cancun Sailing via cancun-magic.com, part of that included snorkeling at El Farito. We had a great time looking at all the fish, the guide/first mate of the boat took us out and did a great job. I have done some other snorkeling around the island and this is still my favorite. I got some great pictures with my underwater camera, I posted them as well.

Visited April 2011
3 Thank llkoolaid
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome snorkling”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I would not visit Isla as a snorkler without taking this trip

Visited March 2012