“Genuine”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

La Bruja is an unassuming gem, and completely genuine. There is simple frankness in the smiles of the owners and staff, and the food is much the same... Simple and sincere.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for an authentic Mexican meal experience - look no further. It is easy to miss this simple/nondescript restaurant. The kitchen is run by a family who are incredibly accommodating and attentive. The key is that no one there speaks English. So practice your basic Spanish as they will work hard to make the communication happen. Big hits with our group were guacamole, any one of the tacos (I had the vegetarian) and horchata. Plus, it's easy on the pocketbook.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

A no frills, authentic home-cooked meal from a welcoming family who put up with our very limited Spanish and served us a delicious meal. Excellent shrimp ceviche and a telenovela on the TV.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went for lunch and 2 of us ordered shrimp tacos and 2 ordered pork tacos. 2 beers and 2 margaritas. Margaritas were teeny tiny bit OK. The pork was gray and everything was waterlogged. Probably my least favorite place I've ever eaten on Isla. We did enjoy the women's craft co-op that was very near.

2  Thank walkupp00
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our hotel manager informed us that this is his favorite lunch place on the island. It is located in the south part of the center of town, which is much less touristy than the north end. I gather that its location gives more access to folks who live in the island and so the ambience and food is geared more towards non-tourists, which I can appreciate for not trying to hard to please the American palate. We ate breakfast there and had an isla special of moutelenous -- which is eggs over fried tortillas, beans, ham, and tomato sauce, with fried bananas (the best part). My husband ate eggs and bacon. The food was good, but I heard the lunch is much better. I just didn't have enough time to do that.