“Food was the worst!”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I ordered red tuna nigiri for an appetizer and the pad tai for main course. I wouldn't feed either to my dog!
Excellent location, attractive decor', good enough staff BUT the food was the absolute worst I had for the entire week I spent on the island.

There are newer reviews for Satay Restaurant

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We did an all inclusive package at Privilege Aluxes, so we decided to give their "reservations only" restaurant a try. It is in a great location, with seating inside and out. The Asian décor is beautiful, especially at night when all the candles are lit. Our service was great with our waiter being prompt and friendly. The dessert menu had some really interesting items (wasabi, ginger, tempura, and green tea ice-cream!), and the dinner menu was Thai fusion. The portion sizes are relatively small in relation to the price, but as I previously mentioned, I was on the AI option so this did not matter to me. They also have a wine list that is NOT included in the AI package. The wines tend to be a bit pricey, and in my opinion not worth spending extra for. What I tried was not even remotely as good as the Washington and California wines I get locally, for much more reasonable prices. So onto the food- I found my Pad Thai to be mediocre at best. I love Thai cuisine and this was bland, and overly sweet. I had to add way more salt, lime and heat to even want to eat it. Even with the small portion size I could not finish it because it just didn't have a flavor profile I enjoy. I also had the vegetarian spring rolls which were way better than the Pad Thai, but still not as good as ones I have had at other restaurants. All in all, if you are on the AI plan I recommend trying it for the romantic ambiance and the exotic desserts, but if you are not then go elsewhere. Isla has oodles of amazing restaurants that are far superior to Satay in value and taste. As a side note, they have a dress code specifically stating no shorts and no sandals, but it did not seem to be enforced. My husband and I dressed up assuming we were supposed to based on what the hotel told us, but when we got there most people were dressed very casual- with at least 5 rule breaking rebels sporting shorts.

3  Thank Outerspace_Andrea
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food is excellent and the service is also. However, the wait between courses was much too long, verging on unacceptable. There was no reason for this, considering the number of people in the restaurant.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Tiny servings for the price. Food is ok but you would need the freedom to order however much you wanted. If you are hankering for Asian try Asia Caribe.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We was at the Privilege Aluxes with the all inclusive,its really easy to get a reservation there you can call from your room or you can reserve at the reception directly.The restaurant is really niceYou can eat inside or outside,a big selection of sushi with their new menu the fried Arrachera sushi is really good,the service is really good except one night capitain Saulo was alone for serving all the customers its not his fault,everything we took there in 2 weeks was good except the Curi Chicken,dont be shy to ask for a special coffee with the fire show its really tasty !

3  Thank moineauQc