“They boys are back”

Ranked #39 of 214 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Bobo's is famous for it local caught Fish & Chips, but the half pound, hand made Bobo Burger is the favourite of the locals, and followed closely by the "Crunchy Chicken" burger. Texans put chedder cheese on their beer battered "El Sol" fish burgers. Kids love Bobo's tortilla crusted chicken breast fingers, Yummy! Keeping in beach shape, then you might like a house made Caesar Salad with grilled chichen breast or grilled local caught fish. The French Canadians approve and testify about the correctness and high quality of the Poutine. Bobo himself eats five pounds a week of the crispy wings. The place is hip, comfortable and clean. Take-out or eat in. Clean!
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The owners helpers were away when we arrived on the island, but returned days after we arrived so the full menu was back. The meals there are good portions and very tasty. Great little place for a quick meal and if you need a break from traditional Mexican food.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stopped by to have a burger and watch the 49er game. Brian is a nice guy who loves the island. The burger was delicious and the salad with the sauce just plain excellent. The rain started and of course it ruined the Independence day celebration. This little joint is very cool, with good burgers and good fish and chips. I recommend it highly.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Amazing fish & chips. He is very friendly.
Menu in 3 languages: hebrew, english and spanish. Exellent!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were hungry one night and decided to go to BoBo's. This place was actually closed on the days we walked by previously, but just opened up from vacation. I ordered the tortilla crusted chicken strips and Mike ordered the tortilla crusted chicken breast sandwich. Both meals came with French fries and were excellent. In fact, we were surprised at how tasty our meals were. This is a very small place and was surprised at the quality of food. Meals are approximately 90 pesos each. This was probably the best chicken strips I have ever eaten. We ended up at BoBo's the next night eating cheeseburgers. Again, they were very good. You definitely can't go wrong with eating here.

1  Thank dcikon2
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a shop owner in town. My husband had been wanting a burger and we were told that Bobo's was the place to go. So, he had the cheeseburger and I had the fish and chips. Both were great! The bartender and wait staff were very personable and carried on some great conversation with us. I came back to Bobo's two more times during my month long stay. I had the burger the second time and the fish and chips again on the third visit. Always good food! Highly recommend this cute little place. One of the most reasonably priced places we visited on the island. All our meals were between 70-80 pesos, or between $5-6 USD.