“BoBo's Great Food, Great Times!”

BoBo's Fish & Chips
Ranked #47 of 231 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Bobo's is famous for it local caught Fish & Chips, but the half pound, hand made Bobo Burger is the favourite of the locals, and followed closely by the "Crunchy Chicken" burger. Texans put chedder cheese on their beer battered "El Sol" fish burgers. Kids love Bobo's tortilla crusted chicken breast fingers, Yummy! Keeping in beach shape, then you might like a house made Caesar Salad with grilled chichen breast or grilled local caught fish. The French Canadians approve and testify about the correctness and high quality of the Poutine. Bobo himself eats five pounds a week of the crispy wings. The place is hip, comfortable and clean. Take-out or eat in. Clean!
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this place because of the tripadvisor reviews, we had trouble finding it our first night (nobody in isla mujeres uses street names, EVERYTHING is two blocks up, three blocks left..haha.) and by chance one early evening stumbled upon it. I'm happy we did. Any place that claims to make a poutine needs to come under scrutiny, but as Brian is originally from our area (poutineland) , he gets the thumbs up from us. Sad to say, we ate here probably 6-7 times, that's how good it was, but never had the chance to actually try the poutine. The happy hour special can't be beat, 1lb of delicious chicken wings for 55 pesos. Enough chicken wings to fill us both. We also tried the beer battered fish and chips, another delicious meal, the BoBo burger and the fish burger all recommendations.
It seems that BoBo's is a well oiled machine here, great staff (Chelsea who's probably gone now, somewhere in central america) and Ramiros (who we look forward to seeing next time we're down) and of course Brian who knows how to keep people coming back.
I'm back here in Montreal now, and I'm still craving those honey garlic chicken wings with a cold corona and lime.

Not just for the great food and drinks, but the great people we met from all around the world, from U.S. to Sweden, Poland to Argentina. It's a great place to spend the evening, drinking some cold cerveza and enjoying beautiful Isla Mujeres.

It was our last stop before we got on the last ferry to leave the island when we came back home. It will be our first stop when we get back. Already planning our next trip to Isla Mujeres, this time for longer than 2 weeks. There's a reason this island was voted as one of the best islands in the world.

2  Thank 514tattoos

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was the only thing I had from there, as I was recovering from an allergic reaction to some bug bites, but boy! It was huge, hot and good! Gooey, melty deliciousness with gravy and fries. I only managed to eat about 10 bites, but they were yummy ones!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Awesome fish - both the beer battered fish and the grilled fish is very good and so fresh. Hole in the wall place with really friendly staff/owners. Caesar salad delicious as well. Reasonably priced. Can't go wrong with BoBo's.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Best fish that I have had on the island. You can get it grilled or beer battered. Only a few tables. Take out is available. A real hole in the wall. Their specialty is fish. Go here for the fish-waste to get anything else on the menu since the fish & chips is so good.
Will return often.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our experience started with being offered a table that we didn't even see. We were about to leave when the owner called us over and had the perfect table for our family of five. We were treated like royalty from a service perspective and had a great experience.

The food...well it spoke for itself. I wonder how a crispy chicken sandwich, something so simple, was the best I have ever had. My family all had the fish and chips and were in awe about how good it was. You must order the caesar salad. Wow, like in a fine dining restaurant it was so tasty. The lemon, and other flavours were awesome!

This experience will definitely make us return to this restaurant.

1  Thank Colin D