“Enjoyable stay in Isla Mujeres”

Maria Leticia Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Maria Leticia Apartments
Ranked #17 of 40 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel and was very pleased. The room had a comfortable bed, shower, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, small TV, and A/C. It was cleaned on a regular basis and fresh towels given twice. There was a balcony overlooking the street and had it not been so hot and humid, I would have enjoyed sitting out and relaxing there. It was a very quiet place to stay. The hotel has very quiet guests and the street on which it is located is also quiet. The location was perfect, just near the ferry, all the restaurants and shops, and the beaches to the north. Just minutes from everything! I had room #11 and the only complaints were the very poor water pressure in the shower, the air-conditioner which looked quite old and did not cool the room well during the day (though at night it was sufficient), and the tiny towels given .... luckily I had my own for drying off after a shower. The man who was always at the front door was friendly. I would definitley recommend this place to other travelers. I was on my own and paid $33 per night.

Room Tip: I think the fact I had a streetside room caused it to get very hot during the day. Perhaps a back ro...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Janet W

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Safe, clean,econmical, in-room internet and ideal location are the best points. The owner, Nibardo, ensures there is everything you need to make your vacation perfect. There is always a person here to monitor the entrance. It is quiet and all the downtown restaurants and beaches are easily accessible.There is no view of the beach. This is not a deal breaker as we have stayed in rooms on the island that supposedly had the views but did not due to vegetation. We have stayed at resorts where you had to walk farther to the beach or to eat. The nearby ocean is better than any swimming pool. No pool means no noise. It is easy to walk to Posada del Mar Hotel for the pool bar scene with a beach veiw. Maria Leticia has apartment type accomodations that are ideal for a peaceful vacation. Our room had bottled water, blender, full size refrigerator, a balcony overlooking a courtyard, 2 double beds, a microvave. 2 ceiling fans, a separate kitchen, a separate bathroom (no tub), cooking utensils and air conditioning. Please turn off air when not in room. Lets all help keep these rates low. You need to bring your own beach towels and linens are changed every 3 days. There are economical laundries on the island to ensure you have clean clothes in your suitcase.Bring your own hairdryer and toiletries and you are set for a vacation on Isla Mujeres to remember for a lifetime and you may return again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank jade50jade
Reviewed June 27, 2012

After traveling for 10weeks through Central America we had enough of dingy hostels and hotels and wanted to splash our for our last stop. Unfortunately the lack of money left meant we were limited on what we could spend. We were pleasantly surprised when we found this little hotel. It was everything we wanted air con, kitchen, water, tv, appliances hot showers!! Yeah the decor is a little dated but who cares!! For less then 25usd a night this was the best deal of our trip!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Juanita K
Reviewed March 15, 2012

After spending an over-priced night at another hotel on Isla Mujeres, I went over to Maria Leticia to see if they had a vacancy. I know that this hotel has a loyal group of fans so I was surprised that they had a room available. At first, I thought the room was available for only one night, but I was fortunately able to get it for the three nights I needed, so things worked out well.

This is a local hotel...the owner is Mexican and understands limited English. He makes reservations on paper (not on the internet) and doesn't accept credit cards. I paid around 250 pesos for my room and I was perfectly happy. It's very basic, but my room had a full sized refrigerator, coffee maker and room air conditioner. The owner would like you to turn your air conditioner off while you are not in the room which I think is totally understandable considering the cost of electricity on the island. My room had two windows and when I was there in March, I didn't even need air conditioning because of the pleasant cross breezes. There is no pool, but there is a private garden area with beautiful plants, tables and chairs. As the hotel is locked up at night, you feel very safe. I would not consider this a child-friendly property...it is oriented more towards older adults.

Additionally, this property is located in the middle of el centro and within walking distance to all restaurants and beaches on the north end of the island. And since it is one block off the main streets of bars and restaurants, it is quiet at night. I would definitely stay at this property again and would highly recommend it to those who don't require high-end service and can appreciate the simplistic side of Mexico.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank isladeb
Reviewed February 19, 2012

It's quiet and clean, with a great owner and maid. This is home to mainly yearly regulars and it is truly a quiet and a hidden gem, if you were to walk by you would have no idea there is a large sanded courtyard to sit at and use wifi in. You will not find ANYTHING else on the island that has A/C, wifi, cable, fan, drinking water, toaster, microwave, fridge, safe box and coffee maker in each room for this little of a price. Make your reservations in advance because it is hard to get into one of the apartments at the last minute! This is one block from Hidalgo Av. making it ideal for dining out, it is only a 2 min walk or so which is great. This is also a 5 min or less walk from the beach, another great feature without paying the extra $$$ to stay right on the beach.

Room Tip: Room 2, 7 and 9 do not have kitchenettes if you like to cook.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank JUANA C
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Everything you need for a very reasonable price - A/C, tv, fan, drinking water, coffee pot, fridge, toaster, hot water, wifi, friendly staff, short walk to the beach

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed September 9, 2010

About five minutes' walk from the beach, this hotel is adorable and has many amenities. The prices are low, but not rock bottom, so it's not a backpacker hang-out, so to speak. The staff is friendly and keeps the place very clean.Quiet location. Rooms have refrigerator, closet, tv, air-con. Great location across the street from a lovely cafe.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends