“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We came here for our last night's supper after a week at Isla. The night started well with a friendly waiter named Dino coming over to take pictures of us all wearing big somberos. We found out later that he wasn't actually a restaurant employee and instead was trying to sell us the pictures on bottles of tequila. We weren't impressed and weren't interested in buying. The actual waiter we had was a little grumpy.

I ordered coconut shrimp. There was tons of breading on it (I know that it is a breaded dish, but it was exessive). Everything was really greasy and left me feeling gross.

Everyone elses meals were good, but it just didn't measure up to the other places we had eaten.

It is a beautiful location and we ate right on the beach but overall I was disappointed and wished we had chosen somewhere else for our last meal.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We thought we were going to Brisas and wound up here so decided to stay. Hubby ordered the beef enchiladas, and was not impressed with the beef quality. It was a dry shredded roast. I ordered the fish tacos. They were ok, but not nearly the quality of Ballyhoo.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The food and atmosphere were great. However upon leaving and checking my bill, I found that the charges were more than the menu prices. After confronting the waiter, the bill was revised so the moral to the story is check your bill before paying.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Cool place. We chose to eat inside the restaurant but still on the beach due to the rain. Drinks were good and service was quick. We didn't get the chance to try the menu other than the nachos. The water view is awesome.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stopped for a bite to eat as soon as we got off the ferry. The fish tacos were authentic and delish! The service was quick and friendly. I would eat there again in a heart beat!