“Simple but delicious”

Longueuil, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple but delicious”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was Lucky enough to meet man from the island (Joxua) that suggested this place to me... He made me have the conch cocktail....Wasn't sure at first but WOW.....that was so good....ate ther 3 times in a period of 2 weeks.

• Visited June 2014

New Jersey
“Good Seafood...but service....”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Seafood was really good! I had the grilled conche and my friend the grilled shirmp with garlic which are both delicous! I still dream about them. But I wish wish, waiter would have told us that we order too much food! For 2 girls we order 4 dishes thinking 2 of the fried fish dish were small appetizers. Waiter told us that they were small fish...but they turn out to be dinner plates! And it was too dry, probably better grilled! Lack of friendly warning sort of destroyed the meal for us. Service was also slow, took them 15-20 minutes to get us the check and 10 minutes for a drink. Would still come back for the grilled conche and shrimp...but next time would allocate more time for a meal + order a lot less!

Washington, D.C.
“Fresh!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We dined at this restaurant on the 1st night of our trip. It's not fancy, but the food is fresh, good, and plentiful. Most of the other patrons were local folks who seemed to know each other, and the staff. That's a good indication to me. The live music was a bit loud for me, though it got lots of people dancing. We ate outside and could see the fishing boats coming in. It was nice to support the local fisherman, too.

New York City, New York
“A series of still-magical lunches...”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

When my partner and I headed back to Isla Mujeres, two of my oldest friends and one of his dearest, were with us.

Here's what it's not: a place for folks who want to feel fancy; a place for folks who want to drink brightly colored drinks; air-conditioned.

Here's what it is: identifiable by the orange and white awnings; directly on the water; open for lunch-only.

Here's what else it is: heavenly.

Here's what we ate over the course of several stops at Justicia Social last week: guacamole, chips, fish ceviche, coconut shrimp, whole fried fish. Lots of it. We agreed, collectively, that we would not have changed a bite.

Justicia Social is (still) the kind of good that I want to hug it to myself and tell no one, eh? So maybe don't tell anyone rude or loud or in-a-hurry about it. In fact, maybe shake your head and tell those folks you've never heard of Justicia Social.

2 Thank 012345km
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great find on a small island!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The freshest fish, the best guacamole, and a beatiful view. Lots of locals, and good prices. We were very happy with this find! The Cerviche was amazing!!! The view of the fishing boats and of Cancun while the sun sets.... the whole package!

• Visited June 2014