“Terrific fresh fish”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a small Mexican restaurant on the waterfront where you will find almost only locals. Easy-going, charming (not fancy) it offers fresh local seafood (we saw some fishermen cutting fish fillets in front of us!). The fish is the freshest we found on Isla Mujeres! My husband had a delicious octopus soup that he still dreams about. Very reasonably priced, but it closes earlier than the other restaurants of the area.

1  Thank Morgante

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I always think its a great sign when a place is bustling with locals and this place is. Undaunted, we stepped in and were shown to a wonderful table on the waters edge with views across the water of the madness that is cancun.

There was a large barbecue grilling and enormous fish but we opted for shrimp tacos and local fish in a spicy sauce. All was served fresh, hot and with the obligatory xni pec and salsa habanero - wonderful and ridiculously hot. Washed down with a couple of coronas, it's difficult to see how a Sunday lunch could be better.

Friendly, cheap and truly authentic - highly recommended.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Straight from the sea to the grill to your plate, we found this place charming in a fisherman's sort of way. Nothing fancy, just fresh seafood at affordable prices. I had one of the biggest lobster tails in my life with melted butter & garlic. It was wonderful but slightly over cooked for my preference. All in all it was a good experience for all 3 of us.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

All the seafood places along the beach are quite good, but Justicia Social is owned and operated by the fishermen there. Their ceviche mixto and guac are made that day and it's obvious. Also they have some creamy mushroom fish dish which is incredible.

1  Thank Joshua F
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I ordered red snapper. My DH dish came out they told me mine would be few minutes more.
My husband was almost finished his meal and here comes the snapper with a trail of flies. The waiter placed the dish of snapper on the table and the flies were swarming around the fish. I was literally fighting the flies away from the fish I immediately called the waiter back to take it away. Of course no one spoke English.. but I know we would never ever eat or drink anything there again

1  Thank 11Mika11