“beautiful place, getting too pricey”

Zama Yacht & Beach and Lounge
Ranked #72 of 231 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Zama Beach Club, photogenic, exclusive, tropically chic, and best of all, a place where we will make you feel as if you were in your own Caribbean home retreat. Relax, have your favorite drink, eat with us, and stay until sunset. Zama features cozy and comfortable bathrooms, lockers and showers for you to refresh after sun bathing. our infinity pools and under the shadow jacuzzies overlooking the Mexican Caribbean are one of a kind.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

we've been to Zamas many times to spend the day. The food is very good and the service is fast and friendly. They expect a $20 per person bill to use the facilities and that's getting too expensive for us. Also, if there's an event, you will be asked to leave early, even if you've spent your $20 per person. That's not good for business!

1  Thank mileeOhio

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was interested to see if this place was as good as when I last visited in 2005. It really was. I like the way it is quiet and if there are children they are well behaved and people are considerate. Food and service excellent. Well worth the money, I preferred it to the other beach clubs.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Zama has a great pool area with great food and service. You can rent chairs, eat, drink and have access to the rest of the beautiful outdoor site. Great quality food too- I loved the octopus tacos.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were married at Zama Beach Club this past May. It was a wonderful experience. Our guests made comments like, "they have traveled the world near and far- where did you find this place?" "This place is heaven." "What a view!" "I can't wait to come back."

The staff did a fantastic job setting up along with our coordinators- Sunhorse Weddings. The dinner was held on the pergula over the pool and the staff was quite attentive to refilling drinks throughout the night.

The entrance is modern and beautiful- when there is water under the bridge. You'll know what I mean when you visit. There is plentiful bathroom space to the right. There is a large Palapa. And plenty of beach space.

Drinks and dinner were fantastic. They worked with our own customized menu and it couldn't have been better. Really more than we expected. Margaritas- some of the best I've had. If you are planning a large event- be prepared that the alcohol served (unless you pick top shelf) is not the same as what you are used to in the US. We went for a tasting visit to make sure the wine was ok. I would give the wine selection a 5 out of 10. Tequila- of course they know how to do it better in Mexico!

Response to emails from the catering department is very slow. We ended up using a planning company so that we could have faster response time.

Everything ran very smoothly the day of our wedding and we would highly recommend the place!

1  Thank Ohiggeau
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I rented a golf cart to get around the island and came across this boutique hotel by chance. We stopped in for a drink and were surprised how quaint and beautiful this place was. The servers were very happy to tell us about the place and were very nice. We only had a cold cerveza here, but so glad we stopped. It is worth checking out.