“Oh Zama, the dream is over....”

Zama Yacht & Beach and Lounge
Ranked #61 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Zama Beach Club, photogenic, exclusive, tropically chic, and best of all, a place where we will make you feel as if you were in your own Caribbean home retreat. Relax, have your favorite drink, eat with us, and stay until sunset. Zama features cozy and comfortable bathrooms, lockers and showers for you to refresh after sun bathing. our infinity pools and under the shadow jacuzzies overlooking the Mexican Caribbean are one of a kind.
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Ill make this review very direct:
- drinks: good margaritas (not great) and not cheap. Good selection on the menu
- fish tacos tasted microwaved and stale. Again, extensive and interesting menu but can't vouch for them
- service: braindead servers, no personalities
- beach chair/umbrella fee: this is new! It used to be if you bought drinks/food, the fee was waivered.. Zama, you're getting spoiled now that people talk about you ..and getting greedy
- beach environment: we had the beach to ourselves besides the many day-trippers docking several times. Very clean.
- pool environment: annoying crowd since we first visited years ago.. Mainly loud families. Young couples would walk in, check it out then leave...pool is clean, i always like the upper 'mini-pool'.
- music: absolute [--]. Loud trashy top-40 "house" music that no one seemed to enjoy. Main reason why we left. Wanted a day to relax, not relive Cancun '01. And it was a Monday...

-The design of Zama is actually near-perfect. Shame we will never go back and will stop recommending to people. Damn.

2  Thank Heart12345

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We walked over to Zama from the condominium we had rented nearby. We were looking for a cold beer, a light snack, and a view. We received excellent service from our bartenders, and the food we ordered was delicious--a seafood tostada and a lovely watermelon-based gazpacho. Although we didn't eat a full meal here, the light appetizers we had were creative and refreshing. We enjoyed our experience so much that we went back a second time. I only wish that Zama's bar and restaurant remained open through sunset--that would have made a great experience extraordinary.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

A beautiful place tucked away on a beautiful island. Ordered drinks & appetizers while we swam and walked on the pier and short beach front.

1  Thank MichelleLovesCancun
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I would like to begin by saying that qe havw been faithful patrons at Zama for 10 years. Today upon entrance for lunch this girl tells us we must pay to sit. It has never been this way in the past. I refuse asking where she intends to place the food we want to order, she converses with a manager out of earshot and agrees to let us sit at a table. We should have just left. We ate and drank without incident. We then requested the check. It was windy and raining across the bay in cancun, though still sunny in Isla. The server put me on hold for 20-25 minutes to take down all the beach umbrellas and cushions before finally bringing me my check. I tipped a flat 10% which was more than he deserved for making me wait 20 minutes for the check but I was a server 15 years ago and I always feel bad not tipping even if they didnt earn a gratuity. He chased me into the street shouting that the minimum gratuity is 15% and demanded I pay him the remaining 5% which was about $4. I absolutely refused. I will never be back. And you can bet I'll tell everyone about my experience. Shame on you Zama. Your establishment has taken a nose dive.

9  Thank LaCondenada
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Enjoyed Zama a lot. Our condo's pool isn't finished yet, so we went there to use theirs and enjoy their view. Thanks to the reviewer who recommended the fish tacos al pastore. They were great. Partner enjoyed the chicken skewer platter. A bit pricey for Mexico. They wanted 100 pesos each for the chairs but settled on 100 total. I thought since we were eating and had a couple drinks there they would be free. I suppose it's all in who you get to wait on you.