“Infuriating experience. 10 years of return business gone forever.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zama Yacht & Beach and Lounge

Zama Yacht & Beach and Lounge
Ranked #44 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Evansville,Indiana
“Infuriating experience. 10 years of return business gone forever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I would like to begin by saying that qe havw been faithful patrons at Zama for 10 years. Today upon entrance for lunch this girl tells us we must pay to sit. It has never been this way in the past. I refuse asking where she intends to place the food we want to order, she converses with a manager out of earshot and agrees to let us sit at a table. We should have just left. We ate and drank without incident. We then requested the check. It was windy and raining across the bay in cancun, though still sunny in Isla. The server put me on hold for 20-25 minutes to take down all the beach umbrellas and cushions before finally bringing me my check. I tipped a flat 10% which was more than he deserved for making me wait 20 minutes for the check but I was a server 15 years ago and I always feel bad not tipping even if they didnt earn a gratuity. He chased me into the street shouting that the minimum gratuity is 15% and demanded I pay him the remaining 5% which was about $4. I absolutely refused. I will never be back. And you can bet I'll tell everyone about my experience. Shame on you Zama. Your establishment has taken a nose dive.

• Visited July 2013
9 Thank talktosloane

Delaware County, PA
“Great way to spend a day in Isla”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Enjoyed Zama a lot. Our condo's pool isn't finished yet, so we went there to use theirs and enjoy their view. Thanks to the reviewer who recommended the fish tacos al pastore. They were great. Partner enjoyed the chicken skewer platter. A bit pricey for Mexico. They wanted 100 pesos each for the chairs but settled on 100 total. I thought since we were eating and had a couple drinks there they would be free. I suppose it's all in who you get to wait on you.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Nice and quiet scenic setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Off the beaten path, very modern and clean restaurant. Good food and enjoyable overall.

Had a very large menu, but only tried something simple and it was very good.

Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice pools, beach chairs, eats & drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

$10 pp beach chair includes use of facilities, pools, kayak, etc.
Food was good, drinks good, beach area very nice, nice long dock.

Only negative is grassy and muddy 5' I to the water sink in mud 2'
Yuck...! Two Pools make up for it...

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Scott-Nooga
Dallas, Texas
“Great little private beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We happened to stumble upon this beach/lounge while touring the island on our golf cart. It has a laid back vibe and very cool restaurant/bar area. The private beach was great and the pool was a nice plus! Great drink service and everyone was extremely nice.

Visited June 2013