“What fun!”

Zama Yacht & Beach and Lounge
Ranked #74 of 239 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Zama Beach Club, photogenic, exclusive, tropically chic, and best of all, a place where we will make you feel as if you were in your own Caribbean home retreat. Relax, have your favorite drink, eat with us, and stay until sunset. Zama features cozy and comfortable bathrooms, lockers and showers for you to refresh after sun bathing. our infinity pools and under the shadow jacuzzies overlooking the Mexican Caribbean are one of a kind.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were tooling around Isla Mujeres on our golf cart checking out the other end of the island and happened upon Zama. We went in and had drinks and appetizers and then swam in their pool and lay on the beach. It was so fun to go to the other side of the island for a day and spend time there. Zama is a really nice place with friendly helpful staff.

1  Thank LoveUnlimited

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I have travelled to Isla many times and always visited Zama and really enjoyed it so we decided to have our wedding there. On June 9th we were married on the beach at Zama. I can not express my gratitude to the Jonas and his staff. Our wedding was exceptional. We set up the details via email as we are from the US. When we arrived for our meeting they had everything scheduled and set to our specifications. On the day of our wedding I could not believe how wonderful everything looked. My flowers were beautiful and a very large bouquet for the price. The decorations were perfect. The staff were helpful but discrete. After the wedding we had appetizers that were hand delivered to each guest for selection then we had dinner setup for our small party of 12. The food was excellent and the staff took very good care of us. Our glasses were always full and they took care of our requests quickly. My complements to the Chef. My wedding cake was exactly as the picture I had sent and it tasted wonderful. After we cut the cake together they returned it to the kitchen where they sliced and put it on plates for everyone. I can not say enough to express how wonderful our wedding was. THANK YOU Zama for an unforgettable day!!!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My friend and I found this place when we were looking for the turtle farm. Beautiful view and very nice beach. We only stopped for drinks. Nice, out of the way, relaxing place to spend the afternoon.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is a beautifully decorated place- pools, daybeds, bar, beach... However seemed to be more about the money and the tips than enjoyment. We were immediately greeted and seated right away for lunch. Our orders took quite awhile since we were one of three couples in the place, food was ok- ceviche and lobster quesadillas, quite pricey. Very little attention until the check arrived- the waiter stood next to me the entire time and when I handed him the check billfold he placed it on my table and counted out the tip in front of us.... Lifting his eyebrow and rolling his eyes...I asked him if there is a problem and his reply was hmmm.... We are from las Vegas and tip on a daily basis- poor manners and very rude... We decided to not spend our day over there using the facilities and left... Will not go back...if you are looking for a free place- great drinks and nice caring staff then captain Dulce's is the place.

Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We visited Zama's the last week of April. It is a beautiful place! We were not charged for the chairs as we had lunch and drank tons of cerveza's! I would rate a 5 across the board but it was a little spendy - but delicious and the best service on the island! I highly recommend spending an afternoon there!