“The pictures don't do it justice!!!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 23 reviews

Reviews from our community

lorafromt...
Fort Smith, Canada
“The pictures don't do it justice!!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the Casa de Las Palmas for 3 weeks. Dec16/12-Jan6/13. What a lovely jewel!

We are a large blended/extended family so we are always on the lookout for houses that can accommodate us.

This was my husband's and my 5th trip to the island of Isla and we found this house when we were there last January and searched it on the internet.

From the beginning everything was wonderful! Vicki went out of her way to meet our daughter and her family and go over everything at the house. The housekeeper Candy was amazing. We were a large group and even though we tried to keep things organized, I know it was probably hard to clean up around us and our stuff!

The main house is comprised of 4 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.... beautiful. Air conditioning through the whole house. Screens on all the windows for those of us who wished to enjoy the ocean breeze.

The duplex at the other end of the property had two bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in each unit. Our family rented the whole property as there was 16 of us from the ages of 18 months to 60 plus years old - we used the main house as our general congregating area... we ate meals, socialized and played cards there.

The pool is beautiful. Bigger than any property we have rented at before. Be aware that there is a deep end. We loved it as it gave room for actual swimming.

Across the street from the duplex is the ocean. Be aware that this is not a swimming beach! The is a small area with sand. We enjoyed beachcombing/strolling but if we wanted to hang out at a beach then we went to Capitan Dulche's which was a 10-15 minute walk from the house on the other side of the island or took the golf cart that we had rented up to North Beach for the afternoon.

Any issues (which were very small!) were promptly answered and then dealt with. We had a power outage one evening for over an hour and so I phoned the property manager to check and see if it was just us or a bigger area.... not sure which it was but she came down to personally check!

Recommendations/Observations:
1. Rent a golf cart! It seems expensive at between $50-$60 per day - however it is a great way to see the island and this house is off the beaten track. It takes about an hour and 15 minutes to walk into town which we did but not every day....
2. The owners provide a local cell phone for use.... we found this very thoughtful and invaluable. They also have a binder with information about the house, restaurants, rentals etc. Make sure you read this - it was a great resource!
3. The house and Isla itself is an oasis for relaxation. Isla is not really a party place although I am sure if you really tried you could find something. It is not like Cancun! If you are looking for lot's of nightlife then this is not the place for you! If you are looking for a place to relax, catch up with family and/or friends and just hang out then this is the place for you. The house is not cheap but it is a premium luxury home with all amenities that you could think of and a great staff to provide support.
4. The main house has 2 fridges and each unit in the duplex has 1 fridge. We found that having especially the 2 fridges in the main house was invaluable as we could use one for beverages and the other for food. With a large group of people this is always an issue with only 1 fridge.
5. I think if you are renting not in peak season (Christmas) you can rent either the house or one of the duplex units. They have designed 3 distinct areas around the pool and so I think it would still feel fairly private if you were renting a unit at the same time as someone else was renting. The yard is also very large and each unit has a lower and upper balcony.

I would recommend this place and will return!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lot's of space for everyone to spread out
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
greatdane...
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Peaceful island paradise on the quiet side of Isla”
Reviewed August 7, 2011 for a stay in March 2011
people found this review helpful

Immersed in the culture of the island, this vacation spot is perfect if you want to get away and find total peace and relaxation. Small enough to get to know everyone, yet has a town where you can go to be around others enjoying their time away from the stress of work. The hosts/owners are the most incredible hosts of any vacation place I've ever rented. They know everyone and every good place to eat. They can tell you where to buy jewelry made by the locals. The grounds and buildings are immaculate. Inside, the decor and furnishings are spotless and you really feel like you are a part of Isla with all the colorful paint and decorations. The saltwater pool, the palms with edible coconuts, and the Caribbean across the little roadway are exactly what I needed after a long winter in Ohio. I did not want to leave! I've only returned to the same place once for vacation (Cozumel), but this beats Cozumel. I shall return!!!!!!! Having visited St. Croix, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Aruba, and Bahamas, this is now my favorite place. Karl and Sandra are two of the most down-to-earth, friendly, knowledgeable, fun people I've ever met and their attention to details did not go unnoticed. Rent a golf cart and the island is yours to explore. Look for the out-of-way places to eat with phenomenal food for a good price. What else can i say? What are you waiting for?

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups

OR
Reviewed May 24, 2010 for a stay in April 2010
person found this review helpful

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: Upper suite view and stay
Liked least: Nothing comes to mind
Traveling group: Friends
VA
Reviewed May 24, 2010 for a stay in February 2010
person found this review helpful

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: The decor was spectacular!
Liked least: A bit removed from the dowtown
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$325
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing