“#1 Dive Shop on Mujeres.”
Review of Mundaca Divers

Mundaca Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a dive shop located in the heart of downtown Isla Mujeres. We take divers out daily to the many wondrous dive spots around the island. We also offer LA MUSA Museun Subaquatic of Art Mexico Diving and snorkel tours, to Isla Contoy, and rent snorkel gear. From May until September, we offer the Whale Shark tour where people have the chance to snorkel with these gentle giants. Please contact us for more information!. 'ask for the private trip to the whale shark'
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This dive shop has it all: location, service, and the best manager/dive instructor on the island. If you just want to snorkel, you can rent gear and snorkel right from Mundaca's pier. The staff cleaned/rinsed all of my gear at the end of every day so it was all ready to go the next day. The top reason to use them is Instructor Lung. He was my instructor for my AOW and he gave me more helpful tips than instructors with 20+ years of experience. He is knowledgeable, patient, and enthusiastic. He clearly enjoys teaching and it shows. I am hoping to get my Rescue Diver certification with him in the future.

4  Thank Al W
"ceviche"
in 16 reviews
"tropical storm"

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just spent 8 days in Isla Mujeres and I looked up this dive shop prior to going. Ended up doing 6 dives (5 reef dives and 1 wreck dive). Did the majority of the dives with Lung, and 2 more with Isaac. These guys were great - my girlfriend was getting her OWC while we were there and Lung was her instructor. He was patient, very kind, and very knowledgeable. The diving with him was also really great - he's an all around very nice guy, who takes diving very seriously and makes only suggestions that will lead to good dives (rather than just taking our money and taking us diving, he recommended on a few occasions that we didn't go out due to high currents).
Isaac is also great - a fun guy to be around and obviously loves where he lives and loves diving! Once we got in the water he went slow and made sure we were comfortable. We did a wreck dive with him (which I highly recommend) and saw a huge school of eagle rays! The dive was fantastic.
Overall a stand up shop that I highly recommend diving with. They make sure that you are comfortable and experience good dives, while having fun doing it!

2  Thank clrolfs
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I did my first Scuba Dive with Mundaca. Isaac was extremely patient with me. He got me past my fears and I completed the dive. I will do it again. Tamsyn was very good that the instruction and took some awesome pictures. There is even proof I made the dive ;-) All the staff was very knowledgable of the area, very patient and lots of fun. I recommend Mudacca to anyone who wants to dive and expecially to those first timers. Isaac will get you through!

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our dive trips with Mundaca Divers were the highlight of our Isla Mujeres vacation. We enjoyed five days of two-tank diving, and every dive was informative and enjoyable. Our pictures are amazing. Mundaca staff members are helpful, friendly and professional. We can't wait to go back to Isla Mujeres and our fantastic experiences with Mundaca Divers are the reason we will return.

3  Thank travelgirl878
See more reviews
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I spent four days diving with Mundaca Divers and it was excellent. The staff are all well knowledgeable. Isaac, Tamsyn, and Lung are great to dive with. They swim at a very comfortable pace. We spent two days Lion Fish hunting which was a blast. If you go with Mundaca, be sure to ask if you can hunt for the Lion Fish. We spent time at the Musa (underwater museum) A must see. The sea life is so plentiful. Lion Fish, eels, turtles, lobsters and one day we got to see 2 Tuna. I highly recommend using Mundaca Divers. This was my sixth time diving with them and will go back to do it again.

2  Thank Dan1959