“Great food and something a little different”
Review of La Cazuela M & J

La Cazuela M & J
Ranked #34 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We rented a house for a week and I did some research before we went. If you go to www.isla-mujeres.net, you'll find a coupon, which is what might have brought them to my attention, but the food is what will keep you coming back. It has a warm, homey feel which is great on vacation so far from home. The food is FANTASTIC. Some of the things are a little different, but go out of your comfort zone and try something new. I don't think there's anything bad on the menu! Definitely try it the first day you're there so you don't miss out and can eat there all week.

1  Thank Yvette m
There are newer reviews for La Cazuela M & J

Reviewed November 10, 2010

La Cazuela M&J is THE best place to eat on Isla Mujeres without a doubt! The restaurant is so open and inviting, the people so friendly. It represents the best aspects of the island. The owners were there and showed me pictures of Isla from years past, and told me a couple of great stories of Isla 20 years ago. The food was like nothing I’ve ever ever tasted. I had the Cazuela Holbox, and it was wonderful. I also had a potatoe side, (I don’t remember the name) that was excellent. My only regret is I didn’t find the place until the morning I was leaving, I would have enjoyed trying something else. My wife and I are regular visitors to Isla and I will be eating here next time we visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

Terrific cazuelas at the new location. Nice outdoor patio and spotless new dining room. Cazuelas are a sort of egg casserole and this place has numerous varieties served bubbling hot. Worth tracking down!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

M&J is the kind of place that becomes almost my daily routine for breakfast on Isla Mujeres. Fresh tasty cazuelas are the standard. I have a habit of ordering the Ranchero but all of the choices are great. The new location is fine, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the peace and tranquility of the more remote location just south of centro. The food is still great and the coffee is fantastic, expecially for Mexico where it can be hit or miss.

2  Thank RoadTripper516
Reviewed June 8, 2010

4 of us went to Cazuela M&J on two different mornings for breakfast in May 2010. We had read alot about them and we were not disappointed. On the first day, I had the cazuela with shrimp, tomato and mushrooms and my wife had an asparagus and mushroom. They were incredibly tasty and very inexpensive. On the second trip there, I had the ham and asparagus crepes and they too were amazingly good. My wife had the "Pirata Mundaca" cazuela and LOVED it!! Great service from Pedro and just terrific food. Loved the location too, because we went to Ciro's right after breakfast to rent our golf carts (it's right up the street).