“Top 5 meals I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cazuela M & J

La Cazuela M & J
Ranked #31 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Eden Prairie, MN
“Top 5 meals I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

I loved Cazuela M&J. We ate here our first morning on Isla. I had their house specialty and it was definitely in the top 5 meals that I have ever had. I can say nothing bad about it.

Cute restaurant tucked in between a couple buildings. Part outside, part in. Very authentic feel and close to the shopping and beach districts.

Do yourself a favor and have breakfast at Cazuela M&J.

• Polish first
Alberta
“Best Breakfast in Isla.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

I found this little gem on a restaurant review site and was excited to check it out. It by far exceeded my expectations and we returned multiple times for the amazing cazualas and tropical fruit crepe with yogurt. Pedro our server is always prompt and attentive and makes you feel welcome. Definitely a must try when you are in Isla. Just look for the big white hotel, it's actually in the bottom floor.

Nova Scotia
“Don't leave Isla without having a cazuela.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

Cazuela M&J is a little breakfast spot tucked into the lobby of the Hotel Xbulu-ha. It is one of the best early breakfasts on the Island - Pedro starts serving at 7:00 a.m. Good coffee (ask for milk if you prefer it to the coffee whitener on the table) and fresh-squeezed juices. I enjoyed the chaya crepe (chaya is like spinach) but the real star of the show is the cazuela. A cazuela is an open-faced omelette served sizzling hot in a cast iron pan with all sorts of delicious goodies in it. There are about 8-10 different types. We especially liked the cazuela ranchero, with tortilla, beans, and cheese.

My only beef about Cazuela M&J is the toast. It is the dry, pre-toasted white bread found in the grocery store. Meh.