“Unique and consistently Good”
Review of La Cazuela M & J

La Cazuela M & J
Ranked #33 of 202 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
carolkemp@aol.com
“Unique and consistently Good”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been going to LaCazuela MJ for nearly a decade. We found them when they were in their former location. We hunted them down when we found out they had moved several years back as it is always a favorite stop. We always get a Cazuela egg dish for breakfast as we have never had anything like it anywhere else. All the ingredients are fresh and the staff is friendly. Not your traditional USA breakfast so don't miss it. This year I was fortunate to have good Christian friends of mine from Tizimin stay overnight with me in Isla Mujeres. I took them here and we had a great time... I met Moises & Sonia several years back on a mission trip I attended with a youth group from Florida... I know they will enjoy seeing themselves on Trip Advisor eating at LaCazuela. - see photo.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Came here for breakfast one morning. I had to try the cazuela, sounded intriguing, I made the right choice. I had the one with tomatoes, mushrooms and chaya and it was very good. The service was great too.

• Visited August 2013
Woodward, Oklahoma
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Food is very good. Menu has English translations along with the Spanish, which helps. The cazuela with fried bananas on top is super. My girlfriend had crepes with sliced bananas and Nutella, that was also very good

• Visited August 2013
Lacey, Washington
“Very Good Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We dined here for breakfast. My husband ordered the cazuela, the signature dish they are known for. He selected one that included asparagus, cheese, and ham. I was offered my customary "taste" (I love sharing food when we dine out!) and immediately wished I'd ordered one of the cazuelas, too. It was fantastic! But, I had ordered a tropical crepe that had a huge portion of various fruits. It was creamy, light, and fabulous, so I was happy!

On my second solo trip here for breakfast, I ordered the same cazuela my husband ordered. Just as terrific the second time around. And I had it all to myself. :)

We dined outside and loved the little patio, but the inside area looks so cute! The owner/chef comes to the table to ask about your meals, and I love that added special touch to the service. I never experience that in the U.S. but often do on vacation. I love it!

• Visited July 2013
Piedmont NC
“Cazuelas are unique, a must try”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The service at La Cazuela M&J is always excellent. The owner himself always comes to make sure you enjoyed your meal. The cazuelas are served piping hot, I recommend the Cazuela Ranchero, a little more substance. I ordered one with vegetables and the tomatoes overwhelmed the dish for me. However, none of that mattered as both were served with fresh hot homemade corn tortillas. You can add some honey to these and they are delicious! Coffee is hot and plentiful. Fruit plate has a lot of variety, fruit is fresh and ripe. Outstanding meal in Isla Mujeres.

Visited July 2013