“Crepes”

Cafe Hidalgo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Simply the best Crepes on the island!!!! Unfortunately they went on holiday too soon!!! :( I cant wait to get back and have a few more!!!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

If you travel through Mexico and Central America, you might be familiar with the restaurants and cafes that serve Nescafe stirred into hot water with your breakfast. THIS IS NOT THAT. For 28 pesos, you get your own fresh brewed espresso served in a mini percelator, and optional steamed milk and hot water if you would like it. Also, all of there meals are delightful and the side of fresh and pickled vegetables they serve you are delicious!!

Note - They are closed for 2 months during slow season (which is painful for us living here on the island).

2  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am taking away one star for the level of service at Cafe Hildalgo. I understand that everything is slower on the island and nothing is rushed. I get that. I have no trouble waiting for my food when I know it is being prepared to order. They need more staff here. If the place is busy it will take a very, very long time to get food/drinks, even when it is quiet the service is not great. We went here at least 5 times on our trip and one time they completely forgot to make our crepes. They brought my daughter's fruit bowl and one drink at a time over a 15 minute span and then served crepes to people that came in after us. We were there over a half hour before we got our breakfast. At that point our coffees were gone and we were ready to go.
The slow service didn't stop us from going back because the fruit frappes, coffees and food are so good!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

A friend and I visited Cancun for the first time in May 2014 and took a day trip to Isla Mujeres. We happened to pass by Cafe Hidalgo and liked the quirky look (it is a small cafe that is always busy with tourists and locals alike, and there is even a small "library" section).

I had the fresh tomato, green olive and onion crepe, and my friend had the ham and cheese crepe. Both were very tasty. We also had the freshly made frozen lemonade, which was delicious and refreshing on such a hot day.

But the real stars of the show were the dessert crepes. My friend had the sugar and butter crepe, and I wanted a Nutella and strawberry crepe. There were no strawberries, so I reluctantly tried the mango and nutella crepe.

BEST. DECISION. EVER.

The combination of mango and nutella was divine, and the warm crepe along with the generous amount of nutella and mango was perfect. If you go you must try this.

Prices were very reasonable for the portion sizes. Service is a bit slow but that is expected as everything is made from scratch. The owner is a small Italian lady who takes her time making and garnishing the crepes, and clearly takes pride in what she does.

Don't miss Cafe Hidalgo for breakfast or lunch if you're in Isla Mujeres!

1  Thank monsiie
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Me and wife ate there yesterday and was very good. Large and tasty creps, very responsive service, and jn reasonable price.