“Average”

Cafe Hidalgo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went here for breakfast on our last day on the island. Service was great and the food was average. Large portions and great juices. They seemed to be pretty busy during dinner so maybe that would be the better time to go. Nice outdoor seating to watch the crowds go by.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am so glad we were able to finally eat here! Everything coming out of their kitchen looked and smelled wonderful. We started with two lattes and a mixed fresh fruit salad. It had mango, pineapple, peaches, papaya, kiwi, strawberries, and blueberries just to name a few. Then we had to pull out the big guns and order their infamous nutella crepes. Mine with strawberries, the husbands with both strawberries and coconut. Insanely delicious!!! We have found our new favorite breakfast spot on Isla.

2  Thank DallasElyse2005
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The staff are very friendly and the food is delicious! We visited here a few times during our stay for the paninis and crepes. Very charming at night.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I really want to order something different when I go but I can't help but get the Mango Nutella Crepe EVERY TIME!! It's soooo good!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were the first guests at Cafe Hidalgo early one morning. Although service was not rushed, we adjusted to the easy pace and reminded ourselves that we are in fact on vacation.
Many little snacks were put out along with our (delicious) cappuccinos like small cookies and then fresh veggies to accompany our meals. I had a delicious cheese omelette with a unique sauce - I never have a morning appetite so I couldn't believe I ate every bite! The price was more than adequate.

Although we sat outside, the interior dining area looked very cozy and charming.

Above all, the service was warm and attentive. Always a genuine smile and ready to accommodate should we need anything.

A very pleasant morning indeed.

1  Thank Heart12345