“Get your pork on!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
MO
“Get your pork on!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Heard through the grapevine, "tripadvisor" that this was the place for pork chops, and I must say...yes it is! The owner is such a funny guy, and a great cook too. The chops were served with a baked potato and spinach...thank you for that...everyone serves rice and veggie medley which gets real old eating out every day... they were so good too. The special shrimp was also good, and the margaritas....oh boy....some of the best tasting ones on the island. Not too acidic as most are....we had a great first meal there, and will be back....

• Visited October 2013

Long Island, New York
“Still a favorite!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Go if only to try the Tortilla Soup. I'm obsessed! Fredy's saucy attitude is a bonus. He and his wife are an institution on this little island. A real treasure!

New York City, New York
“GREAT FOOD AT THE START OF HIDALGO”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Fredy's - I've been eating there for 13 years. It is always superb. Clean, simple, not pricey and very flavorful. I like sitting on Hidalgo at night with a cold beverage and gourmet food at Fredy's. Gourmet yes. Stuffy snotty no. Down to earth food and friendly service. Fredy's has, for me, two signature dishes. His SUPER pork chop (puc chuk) is double cut fine meat cooked to juicy perfection. His "camarones al forno" (baked shrimp) is a delight. This go-around, he also had a special - grilled black grouper. Perfection! We always get his fresh green salad and his meals come with a veggie and a backed potato. Simple food that is done by an artist. I always ask Fredy if he has "servicio a domicilio" - home delivery. He asks where. I say NY City. We laugh. And eat. Do it!

• Visited September 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Fredy's is Fabulous!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Fredy's is a small, understated restaurant with photos of friends from all over the world. One of my good friends is referred to by Fredy as his second wife. He is always entertaining with his dry humour but even better is his cooking. I have only seen the gi-normous pork chops all my friends order, but I have tasted his Mexican platter and fresh fish. All I can say is Fredy's is the place I look forward to eating at the most when visiting Isla Mujeres. Even his baked potatoes are the best ever. Everything is fresh and perfectly seasoned. Fredy's friendly personality only adds to the charm

• Visited November 2012
The South
“Must Try Fredy's!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our son (age 24) wants Fredys to move to the states to enjoy his Chicken Enchildas year round. Fredy's is a small restaurant serving dishes with a great flair. The pork chops are delicous and HUGE. My wife and I enjoy the variety of fish and grouper offerings on the menu. Great food and great prices. You will want to return again and again!

• Visited September 2013