“Surprising” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fredy's
Ranked #62 of 202 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
nyc
“Surprising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place looks like a hole in the wall and the only reason we stopped there is that we got a recommendation from friends. Fredy is really nice and the food was really good. I am a vegetarian and he made me a dish based on the fresh vegetables he got that day. Be sure to order his fresh fish dishes and not the beef.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nyc100

Litchfield, Minnesota
“I tried the pork chops.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

People were raving about Fredy's pork chops, so even though I rarely eat meat, I caved in and tried one. It just wasn't worth it for me. The meat was really tough, and only tasted so-so. Fredy asked our table how we liked our meal, when I was honest and said mine was kinda tough, he glared at me the rest of the meal. Our table got horrible service after that.

Visited January 2012
3 Thank calgalinmn1956
McHenry, Illinois
“Enjoyed our meal..and margaritas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had the grilled shrimp...it was great, but I didn't think it would come swimming in butter, of course, what can't taste good with butter :) DH had a couple margaritas that knocked his socks off and some steak dish. Sorry I can't remember what it was, but he really enjoyed it.

Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The only thing "shocking" about Fredy's is the taste of the grilled pork chop! Who would think that a pork chop would be one of my favorite meals on an 8 day trip to a tropical island?! Fredy has a funny and friendly personality that really makes your visit special. When we return to Isla, a visit to Fredy's will be at the very top of our dining list.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best first meal in Isla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stumbled into this place because it was one of the few not calling at us to come in. We weren't disappointed. Fredy talked with us and found a way to satisfy our vegetarian, pseudo-vegan diets. His food is fresh and delicious. If you catch him on a slow night, you get the pleasure of meeting a great guy with an awesome sense of humor. We ate a couple meals here.

Visited June 2012