“Big money, poor quality, don't stop here!”
Review of L'Argentina Grill - CLOSED

L'Argentina Grill
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We ordered guacamole, drinks, and shared the meat dinner for two that consisted of steak, pork, sausages, chicken, fish, and shrimp. The meats and seafood were not good quality. Friendly staff, but not a very good dining experience because the main course was awful. Also overpriced.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is some of the only red meat we ate our entire time on the island. We got a ridiculous platter of meat- steak, veal, pork, lamb, etc. for a very affordable price considering how much there was and it was all cooked to perfection.

However when we asked to see the wine list they brought out one bottle of white wine and said it was all they had.

We chuckled a little and decided on cocktails. So we then presented a card for "free margaritas" one of the hosts had handed as we had walked past on Hidalgo earlier in the day. What we got was literally a large shot glass of margarita mix. How chintzy...

I still gave them four stars simply because we were able to get a mountain of delicious meat very cheaply, the service itself was good, and the cocktails we did pay for were quite tasty.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We let our friends pick our dining experience for the evening-HUGE mistake!! :) My husband and I ordered a seafood/steak/chicken platter for two and our friends ordered lobster. The only thing I was able to eat was a chicken leg. The steak was INEDIBLE! The stray dog on the sidewalk had troubles getting the meat off the bone. My husband became ill for a day and a half after eating one shrimp that also tasted horrible. He was stuck in our hotel room for the last day of our trip! When I approached the staff of the restaurant regarding our concerns, they acted shocked. After reading the reviews here, it seems they shouldn't have been.....Our bill was $154.00 US. Obviously, not worth it. Save yourself the trip!

2  Thank masalto
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Overpriced, overcooked. The staff was courteous and service was good. We ordered meat for two off the parrilla- it was flavorless and overdone. We did also get free drinks- shots of mezcal- that was the best thing about the meal. We live here. I do not know what we were thinking. Never again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

After finishing my meal I looked up this place on TA and am a bit surprised at such poor reviews.
The warm up was a selection of breads and dips. The free drink I was offered by the 'hawker' outside did come out in a small glass as referred to in previous reviews but it's a free drink. (what do you expect, a pint of top shelf spirits?)
I had the sirloin which came out in about 20 minutes (the menu does say that it may take a while for some dishes to come out as this is 'not fast food') and came with a small selection of vegetables.
The service was very good, attentive at the right intervals and polite - also in fluent English which is no the case everywhere on the island. (just remember, if you're overly loud or fude and act like a c***, you'll probably get treated like one!)
My only complaint is that I asked for the steak to be well done and charcoal crispy on the outside and it was a little rare in the middle - not a major problem though.
The bill came with a free shot of tequlia :)
They auto add a 15% tip which is OK, but there is also a prompt for a further tip which makes you feel a bit tight if you don't leave one (like I didn't)