“Tourist Trap”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Nice corner location and name evoke the notion of a potentially exciting dining experience. Far from it. Ordered black grouper, it was not black grouper, maybe bonito. Small, bony fillet with wrong texture and bland flavor. Entree served with rice, beans and vegetable. Vegetables were stewed tomatoes and onions? My better half ordered the grilled chicken. I think that bird had been on the grill since lunch time, very dry and chewy. No flavor or seasoning. Asked for some fresh chips and pico, never got it. LOOK OUT for service charge on your bill. I would not recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for L'Argentina Grill

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our first night after a long travel day. It was overpriced and no where as good as other places on the island.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

There are many, many restaurants to choose from as you walk the Main Street in this charming little town. One night we succumbed to the hawker and got pulled into the Argentine Grill, not our best decision! The food was so-so, the staff rather indifferent and the bill was the final straw. There was a fifteen percent service charge added. That was already higher than the usual optional suggestion on some bills, but in addition they "suggested" a 10-30 percent "table tip". On top of that we realized that the additional requested amount was based on the total that already included a tip. We have been eating out here every night for two weeks and NO other restaurant has tried this scam on their customers. There are so many other small, friendly, delicious places to eat where you will be appreciated and treated fairly.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews, I was a little apprehensive dining here with our party of 5, which included a 5 year old.…but in the end everyone was pleased. Appetizers included filet Carpaccio which was very good. While my Mahi-Mahi was not great, my wife’s steak was awesome and huge. She ended up sharing with the rest of the group. Service was great as the staff went out of their way to help the 5 year old. Après dinner tequila shots kept on coming….and for those that are adventurous, try the scorpion shooters. In the end this is a steak place….the steaks were good …seafood just OK. For this a good solid 3 circles – GOOD.

A word on the tipping – a 15% service charge is included, but you can adjust up or down as you feel fit. They do have a “suggested” scale that runs from 10% to 30% on the bill.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We ordered some food, none of us liked what we ordered.

The server made a good effort.
Really really bad!!!
Expensive.
Worse Cesar salad I have ever had in my life, and I have lived in Ghana!! Even the salads are better over there. I politely gave my opinion to the server and the server did not care much.

The place is also very noisy.

Seriously bad!