“Seafood dishes equal those tasted in Italy”
Review of Angelo

Angelo
Ranked #73 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I think that Angelo does an amazing job and not because I am one of those travelers who like to enjoy my favourite foods from home when I venture to a new place. I think that Angelo does a great job when measured alongside Italian restaurants in Italy! Dishes are always made from scratch, using fresh whole ingredients, they are blended with a light touch and the recipes let the natural flavours of tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil shine through.

Now I will not profess that every meal that I have eaten at Angelo’s (and there have been a great many of them) has met this same standard but his seafood pasta dishes are as delectable as ones that I have supped on, on the Italian Riveria.

We almost all opted for pizza with the exception of one hearty eater who enjoyed both the Spaghetti Bolognaise and a ham and pina pizza.

My sister and her friend shared one and still had enough to have it for lunch the next day on the beach.

There are newer reviews for Angelo

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Get their seafood pizza -- it's decadent and chock full of seafood pieces with some kind of garlicky sauce. After having multiple forms of pizza on the island, this one was perfectly charred in their wood-fire oven. They had very decent, moist grouper as well. Less successful was their baby bowtie pastie in pesto -- really plain tasting and looking. Overall, worth the visit.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Mariana was the best part of our many trips to Angelo's. It was such a relaxing vibe, and service was outstanding. The pizza is the best on the island!! The mediterranean pasta with char-grilled chicken was amazing- I am trying to replicate it here at home! Great wine selection & prices. But our favorite reason to go was to chat with Mariana:) Can't wait to get back asap!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had the best pizza on the island here. It's located on the main street, Hidalgo, so there was an amazing atmosphere, to sit outside, and talk to people. The staff was friendly. almost everyone on the island speaks english and spanish, but this staff here was very patient with us and helped us on our quest to learn spanish. I wish we had found this place sooner, we would have gone more than once. I recommend the pizza, but everyone loved everything they ordered.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We decided to do a nice steak for dinner, and I was definitely impressed. Excellent cut of beef, cooked on charcoal--best steak I have had in a while. Excellent waitstaff and nice central location.