“Excellent Pizzas”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Pizzas”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

After a week of eating wonderful Mexican food, I needed a break and was very hungry for Italian. Angelo was perfect! First they brought us brick oven bread with oil to share while dinner was being cooked. My husband went with pepperoni pizza and I got their Mediterranean pasta which had diced tomatoes, onions, black olives, basil, and oil in a light tomato sauce. Both were so good! I could eat their pizza everyday. The pasta was the best I've had so far on Isla. I also love how friendly the servers are at Angelo. They make it an even better experience.

• Visited August 2013

Arlington, Texas
“July 2013”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been here several times and seem to always order pizza. And it is always excellent! The Volcano pizza w/ blue cheese & pepperoni (140pesos), Margeherita pizza are always on our list. With a bottle of wine (240pesos).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank vincebc
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“good food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I couldn't seem to make it the entire week without getting some pasta. I was a little unsure about getting Italian food while on the island but I was quite happy I did. The service was good the pasta was delicious!

Visited August 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Get the Seafood Fiesta!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Angelo's is a great restaurant on the busy nighttime pedestrian street. Our family of four had a pasta and pizza (which my son, who is very picky) loved. My teenage daughter and I split the seafood fiesta and it was more than enough for us! Everything in charcoal grilled and the platter is giant! It's filled with shrimp, two lobster tails, incredibly tender squid and half of a red snapper (or whatever fish is in season)! All this included grilled vegetables and garlic bread. It was awesome! The atmosphere is really nice, and you can sit outside. Definitely the best meal we had on the island!

• Visited July 2013
Fulshear, Texas
“Fantastic Home-made Italian Food in Mexico!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I don't know what it is about great Italian cuisine in Mexico, but this place really hit the spot. Located along a street closed to vehicular traffic, Angelo is a great place to sit and people watch while you wait for a fresh, brick-oven-baked pizza or a steak from the charcoal grill cooked to perfection in the open air kitchen.

The pizzas are BIG, so two of you can easily share one along with an appetizer or salad and you'll be set. Any of their pasta dishes can be made with one of a selection of pastas (linguine, penne, etc.). The flat bread they give you straight from the oven as an appetizer is delicious!

We really enjoyed our meal here. They can accommodate large groups.

• Visited August 2013