“Great place to eat on Hidalgo”
Review of Angelo

Angelo
Ranked #79 of 232 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife loves Angelos! We love the pizza. Confession: we have been there four times and every time we split a pizza. But for the price, one pizza does the trick for us and fills us up. We like the Hawaiian pizza. The service is great and the bread they give as an appetizer is wonderful. The brick oven is a great way to do pizza. Great place to eat.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We decided to walk along the pedestrian strip and look at menus before deciding where to eat one night. We finally decided on the brick oven pizza place Angelos. It was a great choice. My daughter and I split a pizza and also a pasta dish and both we excellent. We brought half the pizza back with us. Jim ordered the mixed grill which had sausage, ribs, steak, and chicken along with beautiful veggies on the platter. As we were waiting for our meals to be prepared, they brought out garlic bread which was a puffed up flatbread fresh out of the brick oven... break off pieces and dip into olive oil and balsamic vinegar... delish!
Jim's platter was enormous so we decided to take the steak and chicken and half the ribs back with us and we sliced them up for fajitas the next night... well seasoned and yummy. Pricing was fair and it was fun to sit outside and watch the other people strolling by.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Loved, Loved, Loved the grilled lobster tail, it was perfect! And the well seasoned veggie mix really complimented the lobster. Did I mention the guacamole – excellent. The flatbread, baked in a wood burning oven was really good and it was served with homemade habanera dipping oil. I noticed other tables ordering pizza and raving about it. My next visit, I will be trying the pizza. Oh yeah, great drinks, friendly service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Loved the cheese platter and the fresh from the oven flatbread! We wished there was more of an appetizer selection.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Ok, I know I'm in Mexico, but I am a pasta lover so I had to try this. I will have to say (since I love pasta) that this was the best meal I had all week. I had pasta other places while I was there also but this was the best. My sister and I got there right when they opened and the lady that runs the place was concerened because we had a small wait since they had to get the wood oven to temperature. We assured her it was no problem to wait. We kind of needed to sit for awhile anyway so we ordered an iced coffee, which I must say was the best iced coffee I have ever had. I wasn't too sure of what to order so I told the lady what I like and she recommended a pasta dish for me. She hit the nail right on the head. It was fantastic. They gave us a large plate with garlic bread on it too. My sister really enjoyed her pasta dish too. She got a different one than I did. We also ran into another couple that we had met at the steak house the night before and they also said this was their best meal of the week. GREAT service and GREAT food. And the prices are very resonable.