“Fun afternoon stop for lunch”

The Joint Reggae Bar n Grill
Ranked #20 of 214 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Joint Reggae Bar n' Grill is a destination bar, its the coolest bar on Isla, nestled in the jungle in the south end of the island. On your golf cart tour, stop by and enjoy our chill vibe, say HI to Marley our mascot,and enjoy the live music every afternoon from local musicians. We have an awesome menu featuring burgers, tacos, snacks, jerk chicken and much more. Pull up a stool at Marley's bar under the palapa overlooking the turquoise waters of the Cancun bay or chill on our open terrace under the alemendro trees. We welcome large groups and families. We are open daily 10 am to 6 pm and open till 9 pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Don't miss us while visiting Isla Mujeres, we would love to see you!!
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My friends and I stopped here for lunch while touring the island by golf cart. The atmosphere drew us in and Im glad it did because the food was great and the drinks even better! It is tucked into the jungle but filled with decorative colors and reggae music. The staff was very attentive and made sure we liked everything we ordered. Dreaming about the enchiladas and frozen mojitos! We will be back!

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Food was not the slightest bit jamaican... The jerk chicken tasted like... BBQ chicken, no jerk spice we could taste. We were charged for guacamole we ordered and never received. I see why they include a 15% gratuity on every check, because They definitely didn't earn one.

2  Thank Peter C
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My friends and I biked around the Island and discovered this place because the music filled the streets as we rode by. We made a u-turn and parked there for a couple of hours. We did not want to leave! Cool reggae music, great food & drinks and an awesome crew creating just the perfect vibe for relaxation. Mark this spot as a must while visiting the island. Try the garlic peel and eat shrimp, mango mojito, fish tacos or fish burger. My friends and I also sipped on white wine and beers because it was a humid day. Jade, a sultry vocalist, showed up and sang a few sets and kicked back with us while we were there. She was cool as well as the super chill guys running the joint - Jah Leao and Adrian.If you want to stop simply being a tourist and 'enjoy the moment' on the island, park at the Joint, order some drinks and just chill. ( Will post photos soon)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We passed this by on our way to the lighthouse, but decided to go back once we saw the prices up there. We loved the beers, mango margarita, fish tacos and the best of all - the chicken nachos (big enough for two). Good food, good drinks, good prices and good atmosphere. The waitress was so nice and stopped to talk a while. So when you are on your golf cat tour of the island, don't pass this place by. It's worth your stop!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Unique and charming atmosphere. Truly the best frozen mojitos on the island ( and I have done an extensive in depth study). Good music, friendly staff. Super cool vibe. Food is average. I do not like the fact they automatically add a 15% tip to the bill. I would hate to see this become common on the island. I will resist returning until this changes.