“Great and inexpensive too boot.”
Review of Poc Chuc

Poc Chuc
Ranked #43 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Mayan Mexican home cooking, affordable and delicious and my only regret is not eating here earlier in my trip. As it was we still managed to eat here twice, the Chillaquillas were tasty but the stand out was the Chicken Yucateca, pow! Me and my wife and picky 7 year old daughter got in a actual fight over who was going to eat this, even though I ordered it. My mistake letting them try a bite. Should have wolfed it down and said it sucked. Nice family run atmosphere and all food is made to order. A bulletproof option in my opinion.

1  Thank Meester G

Reviewed August 23, 2012

OK, so I'm not Mexican, but this is exactly what I envision I'd have at a home in Mexico. So many different dishes to pick from, I highly recommend the avocado tuna dish which was perfect for a light lunch and I paired it with the watermelon water "Agua de Sandia" which was the perfect combination.

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Right off of Guerrero near the post office you will see a series of Loncherias. We stopped by Poc-Chuc today-unfortunately our last day- to give it a try. The service was decent, the food delicious, and the prices were exceptional! We had an order of Poc-Chuc (pork cooked with onions),Res Yucateca, Fried chicken (which is not battered),a BLT (which was simple but loaded with bacon),2 cups of coffee,2 bottles of water, and 2 sodas for $297 pesos! Our bellies were full and we left content! Give it a try!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We ate lunch here one day on the recommendation of our hotel hostess, Jill, from Casa el Pio. It was really good. We had the panuchos and sabritas. We enjoyed both. Wish we had time to go back and try more of their selections.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Shrimp tacos are to die for. Excellent guac as well. We went on a friend's recommendation and are looking forward to getting back there while we are here.

1  Thank Chris M