“Great massage; beautiful place”
Review of Casa de los Suenos

Casa de los Suenos
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed August 1, 2009

There was a lot of construction going on, true. I don't know how bad the noise would have been for people staying there. I just went in for a massage, which was lovely.

What I don't get is why all of the mostly positive reviews are "0/20 found this helpful." Huh? Is this all from competitors? How petty.

I really think tripadvisor should get rid of that "rating" section. The only time I've EVER said a review wasn't helpful? When it's so clearly fake--in which case, there should be a reporting button.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Emm_Dash

Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I spent our 25th wedding anniversary at Casa de los Suenos and it was amazing! Because it is the slow season for tourism in the Mexican Riveria, we received a great discount for our room and had the whole boutique hotel to ourselves!

Israel and his staff greeted us on our arrival and immediately made us feel at home. Little did we know that come the dinner hour, we would be alone in this amazing place. A walk down the cobblestone road behind Casa led us to a wonderful restaurant, Casa O's. The atmosphere was romantic, the food absolutely delicious! We returned to this restaurant for all our evening meals, ending each dinner with Key Lime pie for dessert.

Back to the hotel - it was beautiful, we felt pampered and we had much appreciated privacy. Even the pool was ours alone! The bar was left open and we could make our own on the honor system.

Our only negative experience was lack of selection of eateries during the day, since we didn't have a car or golf cart. We used the bikes that the hotel offered, however, and had no problem getting to Tikenxik, a grill on the beach that serves this specialty fish by the same name.

We had a great time at Casa de los Suenos and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Californiatraveler08
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and i returned after a year to this amazing place for valentine´s day. Well my husband surprised (i didn´t know i was going there) and was his surprise to get the same room (Serenity). Spectacular and peaceful. Great place to stay for romantic couple. The spa and restaurant almar that are part of the hotel are just amazing.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Auremil
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I just returned from yet another truly magical time at Casa de los Suenos.
Each and every time I go to Casa de los Suenos (regularly since 2005), it just gets better and better!

The attention to detail, the staff anticipating your every need, the spa treatments, the food quality, presentation and service....the rooms are all diffrerent and each have a theme, and the decor is just so beautifully thought out. There is intention in everything around you in this "house of dreams."

From the moment you walk in the door, until the time you leave, you are made to feel at home, the energy is full of genuine care and of providing pure pleasure for the guest.

The atmosphere and environment are peaceful, tranquil, and blissful. If you want to truly relax, disconnect, and rediscover the wonders of being present with nature, this is the ideal spot!
It is also terribly romantic, where miracles are created which will last you a lifetime.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ansers
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I found Casa de los Suenos purely by accident having searched, as you do when planning a holiday, thousands of different websites. I cannot tell you quite how thrilled my boyfriend and I were when we arrived. We had stayed in two other locations in Mexico and Isla Mujeres was our last and by far the best!
We were welcomed extremely warmly and taken for a tour of our stunning room and the rest of the hotel. We stayed in Serenity, which was far superior than I had ever expected with beautiful Mexican features and a large balcony with a fantastic sea view, not to mention a enormous two person Jacuzzi.
The staff were amazing and could not have been anymore helpful even if they tried.
There were some building works occurring to the left of the hotel but every time we sat by the pool Roberto, the owner asked them to either quieten down or leave. On one occasion we were both offered Ipods by the pool as Roberto believed they were disturbing us and I was offered a massage of my choice as a gift. I chose to have a facial and it was definitely the best and most relaxing facial I have ever had. I certainly recommend a visit to the spa. Has to be said when we arrived and saw the building works we were a little concerned but in the end they did not bother us at all as the hotel is just so perfect and friendly to even notice them.
I thoroughly advise a visit to Casa de los Suenos as it is a hidden gem!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vkendon
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Very beautiful location, and a nice escape from Cancun. Very chilled out, great cocktails, and good rooms, with views from the balconies of the sea. Food reasonably good, service good, if a little over the top, but not as obsequious as in Cancun. Would definitely recommend it, but it is expensive. The spa is good too - had a hot stones massage here, very relaxing. The beach is decking, but perfectly adequate, the pool is small but again fine, and the snorkelling is undemanding but lots of fish to see, just watch out for the sea urchins.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We visited Casa de los sueños some years back and we loved it. This time it was even better. The service and food where incredible, we even got the owner serving us, not much room for improvement. We are allready planning our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple