“Great views but....”
Review of Casa de los Suenos

Casa de los Suenos
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Basically a house (that has been converted Into a 5 room hotel) with a killer view, neat open air 'lobby', and a very cool small hut bar/restaurant

THE GOOD

- Stunning view from main 'lobby' overlooking infinity pool
- Awesome palapa covered bar/restaurant on lower level
- Cool chill out area with hammocks near bar
- A picturesque dock that you'd see in a movie
- concierge service was excellent

THE JUST OK

- The food was in many cases very gringo and a little inconsistent. Some good some just ok. I don't really go to Mexico to eat US food. Maybe you do.

- the drinks were good but when I go somewhere tropical I expect more fresh fruit to be used in drinks. Boxed pineapple juice for a pina colada? Call me picky.

- service in some cases very good but other times not so great. I guess just depends on what you're used to

- music on speakers was very gringo Not my personal preference but may be yours. I don't want blaring Mexican hip hop either. Just some nice soothing Latin tunes to chill out to

THE NOT SO GOOD

- No beach no sand. Instead a deck over the rocky shore to sunbathe on. not a huge deal just thought there'd be sand. For sand you really have to go to more overcrowded part of island. ( or pay to use one of the private beaches )

- I could do without the flat panels in the
bar and lobby. I'm trying to unplug and unwind. Maybe relocate TV where others aren't bothered by it

- We stayed in room called Libertad. I was expecting a little more refinement for the price.

- the neighbors right outside room have a bright light right outside the room so had to use blackout curtain. (I love nothing more than waking up to wake up to sunlight on vacation. )

-Non guests can pretty much come in and use the facility so detracts from things (or adds I guess depending who visitors are) ESP with such small pool

- right next door is an unfinished eyesore of a hotel. (seems to be a trend in mexico) They should plant done bamboo to block it out or paint some clouds and sky to help it blend in. Not exactly what I want to see when I'm at the pool

MISC ADVICE

Rent a golf cart during the week to cruise around the island. On weekends you can only rent by the hour. During week you can rent by the day. (I'd actually rent one for 2-3 days). This is something concierge forgot to tell us

I like to snorkel but not for 4 hours. Instead if taking the 4 hour tour ask for 1 hour tour. Get in some good snorkeling and head back before you fry in the very hot cancun sun. (also always wear a surfer scratch guard while snorkeling to protect back from sun)

I would spend more than 3 days on island. Max 4.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Bkatzelnik

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Casa de los Suenos doesn't have a private s white sandy beach. It is a hotel/small resort with a fine taste in modernist design and Mexican culture. Go enter this casa and get yourselves surprised by the beautifull decorated and painted walls, the ravishing taste in furniture collections and the infinity pool. If not, snorkel around the pier and let the turquoise waters embrace you. Still not convinced? Ask Gil, Elvis and all the other staff people treat you to margaritas on the house.

Room Tip: Ask for the Sol suite.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I meant to have left this review weeks ago. We stayed here for the New Year period and the hotel has lots going for it such as the wonderful views and helpful front of house staff. However coffee and juice delivered to your room in the morning does not make it a boutique hotel. The real problem we had was that it is used more as a Beach Club by people staying in adjoining properties than it is as an exclusive boutique hotel for its residents. If we were paying $100 less per night this would not have bothered us but the prices charged are premium and the reality is that we received the same service as those who came for a drink in the bar. This being said the service is really good. However going forward the owners need to decide exactly what market they are aiming for, is it a boutique hotel or else a fabulously located beach club which also has bedrooms. There is a difference. However the Isla is fabulous.

Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Caveat Viator C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Well,i live in a cold country and i am very good at day dreamming,especially about jouneys and holidays,being at" Casa de los Suenos" (Hause of the dreams) i hat the feeling to be just in the perfect place i hat been dreaming of, a magnificent view at the pool bar where the blue of the swimming pool water mixes with the blue of the Caribian sea,in a very tastefull ambiente. The next escenario, some steps down to the beach in the Beach club palapa of the hotel with a wonderful chill out music, also decorated with nice funiture,colourfull kisses and objects. Sitting there with a magarita and Guacamole,waching a postcard view, you can forget the world ! we had just arrived on our first visit to the Riviera Maya,and i couldnt imagin a best start for our two week holidays ! Just perfect.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. You feel relaxed as soon as you walk through the door and take in the awesome view through the dining area! The rooms are very tastefully decorated, but the Presidential Suite is like staying in a private home with a view that rivals any on the island! Thank you Patti and Jason for everything, it was so nice to meet you.

1  Thank G_parents_53
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wow! This place is lovely...I booked our trip here because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and am so glad I did:-) We were greeted at the entrance by Alex and taken to our beautiful room, Abundance...Each room has an amazing view of the ocean and Cancun, but after our A/C broke we were moved to Serenity which was much bigger and had an amazing balcony. If you are able to book Serenity do it! You won't be disappointed:-) What made this place though is the staff. Each morning we were greeted by Ana at the front and taken care of by both Teo and Silvia for breakfast. In the evenings we would wander down to the lower level for happy hour and were well taken care of by Elvis and Frankie. Each night on our return we would have a chat with Alex about our day and plans for the next day. He is great with booking golf carts (MUST DO! SO FUN!), booking dinner (we ate at Olivia's TWICE:-), and getting cabs for us as needed. They have fresh OJ and coffee on your doorstep each am to enjoy on your balcony. If you are after a super relaxing vacation this is the place!! We will be back for sure! They make you feel like part of their family:-))

Room Tip: Serenity or the Presidential if you can get them, although all the rooms overlook the ocean and have...
2  Thank Laloo831
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not quite sure I know where to begin....our stay was so lovely. The staff was excellent and very accomodating. Food -- especially breakfast and happy hour hor d'oevres were great! Thank you Ana and Alex! All the staff are to be commended because anything I asked for I received a quick response and resolution.
There are a few items that need updating and would further enhance the property. I will not list here as I have already discussed with the owner, Jason.
I would return to this property and that's a huge endorsement as I rarely go to the same place twice!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family