Basically a house (that has been converted Into a 5 room hotel) with a killer view, neat open air 'lobby', and a very cool small hut bar/restaurant
- Stunning view from main 'lobby' overlooking infinity pool
- Awesome palapa covered bar/restaurant on lower level
- Cool chill out area with hammocks near bar
- A picturesque dock that you'd see in a movie
- concierge service was excellent
THE JUST OK
- The food was in many cases very gringo and a little inconsistent. Some good some just ok. I don't really go to Mexico to eat US food. Maybe you do.
- the drinks were good but when I go somewhere tropical I expect more fresh fruit to be used in drinks. Boxed pineapple juice for a pina colada? Call me picky.
- service in some cases very good but other times not so great. I guess just depends on what you're used to
- music on speakers was very gringo Not my personal preference but may be yours. I don't want blaring Mexican hip hop either. Just some nice soothing Latin tunes to chill out to
THE NOT SO GOOD
- No beach no sand. Instead a deck over the rocky shore to sunbathe on. not a huge deal just thought there'd be sand. For sand you really have to go to more overcrowded part of island. ( or pay to use one of the private beaches )
- I could do without the flat panels in the
bar and lobby. I'm trying to unplug and unwind. Maybe relocate TV where others aren't bothered by it
- We stayed in room called Libertad. I was expecting a little more refinement for the price.
- the neighbors right outside room have a bright light right outside the room so had to use blackout curtain. (I love nothing more than waking up to wake up to sunlight on vacation. )
-Non guests can pretty much come in and use the facility so detracts from things (or adds I guess depending who visitors are) ESP with such small pool
- right next door is an unfinished eyesore of a hotel. (seems to be a trend in mexico) They should plant done bamboo to block it out or paint some clouds and sky to help it blend in. Not exactly what I want to see when I'm at the pool
Rent a golf cart during the week to cruise around the island. On weekends you can only rent by the hour. During week you can rent by the day. (I'd actually rent one for 2-3 days). This is something concierge forgot to tell us
I like to snorkel but not for 4 hours. Instead if taking the 4 hour tour ask for 1 hour tour. Get in some good snorkeling and head back before you fry in the very hot cancun sun. (also always wear a surfer scratch guard while snorkeling to protect back from sun)
I would spend more than 3 days on island. Max 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you walk through the door, Casa de los Suenos radiates tranquility, peace and a sense of "home." Whether you’re planning a family reunion, a wedding destination in Mexico or an extraordinary relaxing vacation, Casa de los Suenos is the answer to your dreams. Breathtaking views and an inviting atmosphere are the hallmarks of this beautiful boutique hotel, as with its warm and attentive staff. Casa de los Suenos staff has the time and grace to discover and fulfill their guests' needs and wishes. The property has nine suites all with ocean view and a Presidential Suite. Spa services are available everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Casa de los Suenos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Los Suenos Hotel Isla Mujeres