“excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel D'Gomar

Hotel D'Gomar
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed October 27, 2008

the staff was great.........................room was great...............the view of the harbor was great............................................

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank efjmg
There are newer reviews for Hotel D'Gomar

Reviewed March 20, 2008

Definitely good value for money. I walked in and booked a room for 4 nights, quickly extending my stay when I realised that I was getting good value.

Room 401

Pros:

The cost - $55 per room per night with A/C.
The view from the roof. It's not an official terrace, but it's a good view with a beer or two in hand.
The owner. Friendly, helpful and informative.
The bathroom. No tub, but a nice walk-in shower (which had a great view over the main town!)

Cons:

No lift. Thankfully I only had to lug my suitcase up the stairs once.
Noisy A/C.
No TV. Not that much of a loss really.

I'd happily stop here again if on a budget, but I think next time I might splash out at the Nautibeach for the pool. I saw a room at another hotel for $35 per night and I wouldn't let my dog stay in it, so for me this hotel was a great find. And you couldn't get closer to the ferry entrance!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
4  Thank FozzieBear2005
Reviewed March 10, 2008

This was my first visit to the island and decided to go the cheaper route for my lodging. The staff is very nice and our room was very clean. I was surprised by how nice the bathroom was kept. It was nicer than some cheaper hotels in the states I have stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaclynNorthAurora
Reviewed February 6, 2008

Ok, it's not the nicest hotel on the Island, but it's clean and safe. There is someone at the front desk day and night. I had a king suite on the third floor. It had a nice view and my room had a fridge, TV and AC. The hotel has a great location which is close to everything downtown. I enjoyed my 11 day stay there and will probably stay there again next time.

• Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Stayed Nov 18-24, 2007 after leaving the Posada Del Mar where we had reserved a mini suite for the week but when we checked in we were told no mini suite was available and they gave us a room on the 3rd floor; we decided to stay only the one night and find a new place. We had heard that Gomar was cheap but very basic. We decided to go have a look and were very surprised to find out that they had updated after the latest hurricane. New windows, air conditioners, new beds, satalite TV, great water pressure with very hot water and small fridge available in the King Suite and were impressed with how clean and the beautiful terrace right outside of our room with coffee, tea and bottled water available 24hrs day. There is also a large fridge on the terrace where we ended up keeping a large bag of ice for late night drinks. No beach, no pool, no big deal. We only wanted a comfortable room to sleep in and spent our days on the beach or travelling around the island by golf cart. Frank the manager was great, he speaks excellent English and was very accomodating. There were a couple of issues with the room, but when brought to his attention he had them fixed immediatly, he also offered us a discount on the golf cart rental as well as an extra half a day at no charge. It was a very comfortable stay, great location right across from the ferry, we got to watch what was going on at night when we had enough of being out. We would sit on the terrace and have our drinks and people watch. Walk to the north beach was not far at all. This was exactly what we were looking for. One thing lacking was a privacy chain on the door but I noticed that Posada Del Mar did not have this either, maybe it is an island thing. Next time I will bring one with me and sleep a little easier; but there is always someone sitting at the front desk where you have to walk by to get upstairs to the rooms. The Gomar will be where I will stay on my next visit no doubt.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chartsngraphs
Reviewed March 18, 2007

My wife and I have been vacationing on Isla Mujeres since 1981 and stayed at many different hotels over the years. The Hotel D'Gomar is one of our favorites. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Frank Heredia is a very good hotel manager and is genuinely concerned about keeping the customers happy. The cleaning staff did a very good job every day.

We plan on staying at D'Gomar again next year. We find the location very convenient and love looking over harbor every morning to watch the island come alive.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sheddy48
Reviewed March 5, 2007

Our stay @ Hotel D'Gomar was a great experience. We had booked in our 1st 2 nights stay @ another hotel for twice the price and after visiting my brother, who was staying was staying@ Hotel D'Gomar. We moved over to there.The rooms where clean and roomy.. We could flush our toilet paper !! A treat. There was REAL coffee on in the mornings on the terrace.Shared fridge as well. Beds were great. Manager Frank always had a pleasant greeting.We would definately return or recommend this hotel for the price.

Stayed: February 2007