“Good but not great.”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Quebec City, Canada
“Good but not great.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We read so many wonderful reviews about this place that we decided to stop by to try it.

My wife had the "cheesecake" and I had the "coconut" gelato.

Both were good but not great. Maybe I had too much expectation, and it might still be the best gelato on the island, but we did not find it extraordinary.

I had better gelato but it does the job on a hot sunny day.

I would not make a detour to try this place though.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Marco

Grovetown, Georgia
“Why can't Gelato places i nthe U.S. be this AWESOME”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I cannot talk about Isla Murejes enough, I might have to to keep it to myself LOL, this Gelato place knocks out the NY, Miami, only Italia would be better. to say that the richness was so smooth and intoxicating would be an understatement. and the price is much better . SCREW COLD STONE LOL

• Visited January 2013
kihaad, Propietario at Gelateria FraSe, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
In your town there isn't a good gelato? Then we come to open an gelato shop there, okay? Or in New York or Miami? Thanks for the compliments!
Denver, Colorado
“A cold treat in a hot climate”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Many places sell gelato on Isla Mujeres. The choices and service here were as good as we found on all our wanderings late evening, down various streets.

Visited December 2012
Thank you, for us it is important to know the judgment of customers
Cancun, Mexico
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughter and I stopped in for a sweet treat. She got a Fererro Rocher gelato on a cone and I got a snow-cone. Both were very generously served and delicious!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cancun Studios P
Pennsylvania
“A scoop of Rome in Isla Mujeres”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After eating gelato all over Rome two summers ago, I think that my palate became more refine. So, with that in mind , my opinion is that this is authentic Gelato. Oh, the choices! I went for the mango and coconut and they were delicious. The hazelnut is just like in Rome, perfect. Some gelatoes back in the US are overly sweet, but these are not. Just great gelato.

• Visited September 2012