Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
$248
$213
  • Pool
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
$238
$199
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$364
$220
Official Hotel
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$76
$43
  • Pool
Casa de los Suenos(Isla Mujeres)
$269
$229
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$80
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
$570
$497
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
$240
$144
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$86
$77
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$107
$80
1,583 results
All reviewsle metissageprivate yachtsteam showerthe cocoonjuan carlosplaya lindasalt water jacuzzifrench mexican fusiongolf cartsunset cruiseyacht ridemain poolpool staffmain restaurantprivate jacuzzipublic ferrysmall resort
Reviewed April 30, 2007

We had a week at Villa Rolandi in mid April and enjoyed our stay on Isla completely. We were a group of four adults (two couples) all in our forties.

We used Cancun Valet for the roundtrip (airport to Playa Linda and back), and they were the best. Met the driver outside of the "zoo" (airport) and headed off to meet Cocoon for our short trip out to Isla.

After the introduction to the room, we headed to the small beach for some sun, followed by the first of many treats: DINNER! I can't say enough good things about the menu, and the only thing to surpass it was the service. Jesus took care of us every evening and his service was excellent!

The week passed way to fast, as it always does when you are on vacation. We spent a couple of days shopping in town, took a day on a golf cart from El Sol, and spent a few days on the beach or at the pool at Rolandi. Several evenings were spent in the Cozy bar with Hilario and his wonderful drinks, and on a few occasions we taxied into town for some pomegranate tequila at Miguel's Moonlight bar on Hidalgo.

We spent one day in Cancun checking out the changes since our last visit. Feels more like downtown Miami than Mexico....We chose to eat at Lorenzillo's on the lagoon side while we were over there. Great atmosphere and service, but the food was not even close to the quality of Rolandi's.

We only had two issues with the hotel during our stay. First, on the form at check in we indicated that we would like breakfast delivered at 8 AM daily. The first morning I called down at 8:45 and they apologized and sent it up immediately. The second day, we had to call again to get breakfast. The desk claimed we had indicated we would call for delivery, but the check in sheet clearly stated 8 AM? Not a big deal, it was on time the rest of the week.

Second, and more importantly, I had scheduled a beach dinner for our second night on Isla as it was our anniversary. This was scheduled and confirmed by Nelson (Reservations Assistant) via e-mail three months prior to our trip. I again confirmed via e-mail two weeks prior to our departure. At check in, Nelson confirmed for a third time that we would be having dinner on the beach the following evening. After rushing back from town to clean up that evening, we were met at the restaurant by Nelson claiming there had been a
"scheduling error" and someone else had scheduled the beach dinner prior to us. He promised to schedule the next night for us instead. Although it was not our actual anniversary, he said he would "make it up to us". We were in Cancun the following day, rushed to catch a ferry back to the hotel, showered up to make the 6:30 dinner appointment only to find they had no record of any beach dinners that night. (And, not surprisingly, no Nelson to be found until we checked out.) I'm not sure that the beach dinner would have provided anything more than sitting in the open air restaurant, and it really didn't bug me other than all of the confirmations that ultimately led to nothing.

The rooms were great, and the shower is awesome. The sound system in the room is clever, and having music in the shower was great. Construction noise was minimal, although one day it was a little more disturbing as it seemed they used a chainsaw all day working on the pool deck. This was not helped by the fact that the fountain in the pool wasn't running due to maintenance and the music poolside was noticeably absent as well.

We'd most definitely return, mostly for the service and food and the "feel" of Isla. Sure is hard to be back at work again......

7  Thank 4bears
Marco_Soria, General Manager at Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us through Tripadvisor. We value our guests’ feedback because this is the way we can know about our distinguished guest's experiences as well as to have the opportunity to improve our service.

Reviewed April 14, 2007

I highly recommend this place. My girlfriend and I just returned from a 5 day trip and I wish we could have stayed longer. The room was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever seen, and I travel regularly, especially to the Caribbean. A comfortable king size bed, a lower seating area with large "L" shaped couch and coffee table, lots of lighting, a lot drawers and cubbies and places to put stuff, a large flat panel TV with lots of music channels and an in-room sound system with speakers and a separate volume control in the shower. The bathroom was very nice and had a great 2 person marble shower with 2 shower heads, 4 jets, temperature control and steam. It also had a window looking into the room and out the very large sliding window doors to the balcony overlooking the ocean.

The view from our third floor room was fantastic and the balcony had a hot tub on it and a little seating area where we ate breakfast every morning. They delivered breakfast into a little breakfast box cubby that they could access from outside the room and we could open from in the room; thus it was like a “magic” breakfast box where breakfast suddenly appeared every morning.

The staff was great, the room was always clean and there were plenty of large soft towels, soft robes, and even slippers. The restaurant was above average, the beach was small but had soft white sand and the infinity pool was perfect. There was a new oversized salt water hot tub with fountains. We had great massages in the spa and there was a small Hobie Cat sail boat that you could use and their staff will go with you and teach you how to sail it. We used it several times—now I want to learn to sail.

The staff was good at taking care of requests and arranging day trips, golf cart and scooter rentals, and anything else you want. Delia, the manager, was fantastic. When we got there, instead of waiting in line to check in at the reception, she had us relax in a seating area, and they brought us mimosas. She went over everything with us and then took us to our rooms and personally showed us around. They even gave us a special dinner on the beach that was fantastic.

I heard absolutely no noise from the construction at all. I am shocked that the last review, who was there when I was, said that there was some minimal noise. On the other hand, we spent part of our days off the resort SCUBA diving or bumming around the town on a scooter, so perhaps there was construction while we were gone.

I will definitely go back to this place, I give it 5 stars out of five. It is definitely the nicest place on the Island and one of the nicest small hotels in the world. I admit it was a bit pricy, but it was worth the price, especially considering you get 2 decent meals with the price.

8  Thank UnderTheSeaLee

Reviewed April 10, 2007

We just returned from a three night stay at Villa Rolandi on Isla Mujeres. We had originally booked to stay with them for five nights, but after reading about and seeing pictures of construction next door we were worried about noise and the general unpleasantness of being around a construction site. We cancelled our plans to visit. However by the time we got to the sixth night of staying in an all-inclusive hotel in Cancun, we couldn't take the big hotel scene any more. If I had to listen to one more game of pool volleyball being screamed over loudspeakers any longer I would have started to cry. We made a quick day-trip over to Villa Rolandi on the Ferry from Puerto Juarez to see for ourselves.

We had lunch at the Casa Rolandi Restaurant, which was excellent as usual, and were not disturbed at that time by any sounds. We looked at the property which is being constructed "next door" to the VR, which appears identical in architecture and indeed appears to be attached to VR. The heavy construction is completed and it appears that they are working on the plumbing and balconies etc. right now. It looks to me like they are about six months away from completion, though management told me they hope it to be finished by July. We were able to book the last three nights of our stay with them.

Villa Rolandi looks beautiful and is well maintained, as usual. Their beach is clean and inviting, the pool area is my idea of perfect - not too big, not too small, with beautifully warmish water that doesn't make you squealwhen you get in.

It was wonderful. We wished we'd spent more of the trip at the Villa Rolandi. Yes, there was some noise from the property next door - most often tapping sounds as they worked on the concrete, and then occasionally drilling and sawing sounds - quite sporadic. I am an extremely grumpy person when it comes to disturbing noises, and I was not bothered much by it at all. You cannot hear anything from your room, and they don't seem to start the construction too early or finish too late. Luckily, the addition of the Thalassotherapy Pool with the fountain and jets of water, and the fountain that spills from the VR infinity pool down onto the beach, are excellent "white noise" cover for the construction sounds, really mitigating the disturbance.

All in all, I would still heartily recommend this property to anyone who not only wants, but needs to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Cancun scene and the type of people who like to stay at these activity centred hotels. VR has also added the spa area with massage room etc. overlooking the beach, but it is right next to the construction area and at the moment it is not overly appealing. We had been debating booking massages, but decided to wait until our next visit.

Villa Rolandi's high points continue to be their professional and courteous staff, especially Delia Menchaca, the Assistant Manager. We have traveled and stayed at literally dozens of hotels in the Caribbean and Asia, and I consider Delia to be one of the most efficient, helpful and "savvy" Managers I have ever dealt with. She is truly a tremendous asset to this fine little hotel.

I do want to say that we were dismayed by the amount of boat traffic and jet ski's that constantly whizz by the property now - I guess because the property is sandwiched between the Dolphin DIscovery property and El Garafon Park, this leads to tremendous boat traffic. We would usually try to take our ocean swims earlier in the morning or in the evening after the heavy tourist shuffling was finished. However, this is nothing the hotel can control - and to be honest I don't know where you could go to get away from this sort of activity nowadays.

I was able to get an honest and complete answer from Delia that they are in the process of acquiring the property next door which is under construction (apparently the whole affair is very confusing) and they are hoping it will be ready for July. These new rooms will not have the jacuzzi's on the balcony like all their other suites, but instead will have a large jacuzzi style bathtub in the suites.

I looked at the new Spa Suites. They are identical in all respects to the other rooms in the Villa Rolandi, except they are 40% larger, including a more spacious balcony area. The Executive Suite is stunning, with a huge top floor patio with an incredible view of both the ocean and the lagoon, and downtown IM. It is too pricey for us, but I'd be booking it in a heart-beat if I could afford it!

I'm happy to answer any questions personally, though it might take me a few days to get back to you.

12  Thank Deborah T

Reviewed April 7, 2007

After the Cristmas holidays we wanted a week of relaxation and lots of Sun. We were a little nervous about 7 days at this remote location so we split the week with 4 nights at the Villa Rolandi and 3 nights at the Hilton in Cancun. The Rolandi was above our expectations and the Isle of Mujeres had plenty of restaurnats, bars, beaches and shops to explore. Result: No reason to leave the island. The Hilton was very nice but for great food, nice rooms, friendly staff, quite but nice pool and meeting other tourist, this place has to be number 1. If you go say HI to "Jesus" (our waiter for dinner) from "James Bond"-his service and personality really made our experience outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jack B

Reviewed April 2, 2007

Stayed 5 days--4 nights at Villa Rolandi at the end of March. The stay was absolutely perfect. Boat pickup and return to mainland was exactly on time, and a great way to travel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They arranged our snorkeling trip, massages, taxicabs around the island, and van back to the airport. Service was very responsive; our air conditioning went out one evening just before we were going to sleep, and people were up to fix it immediately, and checked back to make sure we were happy. The rooms were comfortable and you have an ocean view from every angle (even from the shower!) Beach is not large, but we had plenty of space. Food was good, and service again excellent, although they tend to be slower after delivering your entree.

Hotel is just finishing a spa, which based on the tour, looks fantastic. We arranged couples massages, which I was reluctant to do because it was about what I pay in the states, but it was worth every penny! Husband gets frequent massages for back issues, and he swore it was the best sports massage he'd ever had. Mine was a true Swedish massage (not what a lot of day spas pass off as Swedish massage.) From what we could gather based on his limited English, the head masseuse has been teaching for 27 years. We also arranged for a snorkeling trip with Pablo (when you check in, they will give you information about various activities.) This was only my 2nd time snorkeling, but I felt very comfortable. Husband, on the other hand, has done commercial diving, and he also liked the guide and thought the snorkeling was good.

Before we went I read about some construction--it is ongoing as of the end of March, but we were not disturbed at all. On transportation, we did not rent a golf cart, but would have in retrospect. I purchased a map of the island that I'd read about from one of the Isla websites from cancunmap.com--best $8 I spent on the trip--the recommendations are right on!

Stayed: March 2007