“Still the Greatest”

Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
San Francisco, CA
“Still the Greatest”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My daughter and I shared a lovely relaxing time 4/16-4/22 at the Villa Rolandi.

It is still as wonderful as two years ago, with wonderful, caring service; great food and comfortable rooms. (Ours on the third floor had a stellar view)

BTW: We were there when an American couple had a lovely wedding on the beach, with beautiful flowers, and what seemed to be very professional planning. So take review from Joe with a pinch of salt. It looked like their family and friends were having a great time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mslizSanFrancisco_CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Hebrew first
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We locked down a date and rate for this hotel then suddenly lost all communication. Many attempts to contact the person in charge for the wedding planning failed. Phone calls and emails have yet to be returned. We are now looking into other venues but this hotel really put in between a rock and hard spot as we sent out some invitations already.

The 1 times we reached communication with Cynthia, it was very hard to understand her. I had to continually ask her to repeat things and still didn't quite understand everything she said. We are really disappointed with the lack of professionalism and customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Joe P
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Worth a visit! The sevice ,food, property,get a peak at there rooms.if you are driving by,have a beer by there pool,it comes in a small champagne bucket! 5 star all the way:-) walk to the pier and look at this beautiful matained property:-)take your camera

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were here March 23-28, 2014 for our 10 year anniversary! This was our first visit to Isla Mujeres and Villa Rolandi and it will NOT be our last. We were blown away by this hotel! The boat ride over was beautiful and smooth. We were attended to speedily when we arrived and served a lovely mimosa while taken expeditiously to our room. The room was beautiful. We called beforehand and requested a 2nd floor room and so glad we did! The view was outrageous every morning. We were impressed by the grounds of this hotel. The gardener worked the entire time we were there making sure everything was maintained meticulously. It really was a dream! The breakfast every morning by the ocean was so delicious. Granted we tired of eggs every morning but they were really done well. We had breakfast once in our room but we really enjoyed the waterside dining instead. We had dessert delivered once to our room and the restaurant really takes care in their presentation. Drinks and snacks served by the pool were always scrumptious and the wait staff are all so kind. We enjoyed a romantic dinner at Casa Rolandi one night and it was very yummy. We were stuffed but we had the staff pack us a tiramisu for the room - even the presentation in the styrofoam box was pretty! We were able to rent a golf cart from the hotel and explore the island one day and it was well worth it. We went to Playa Norte and Punta Sur and all around the island. It was a highlight! The hotel was great to have a taxi for us each night and we enjoyed eating in El Centro. The shopping, dining and people watching were a blast! This island is foodie central so I really recommend getting out and trying some of the local restaurants as well. There is also the floating island (as seen on tv) that is a close walk from the hotel. We also found a cute coconut stand right next to the hotel and bought 2 fresh coconuts to drink on the beach. So memorable! The boat ride back was very rocky and rough so we were glad to be back on dry land. Overall one of the best trips of my life!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Everything that my husband told me about this hotel and the Island of Isla Mujeres were true. We booked through Orbitz and made gound transportation arrangements with Hotel Villa Rolandi directly. I really didn't know what to expect, and left it in the hands of my husband.

We arrived in Cancun on time and our van driver was eagerly waiting for us. He was to take us to the embargadaro dock where the Cacoon was to take us directly to the hotel. Now bear in mind we all know how arival times and things work in Mexico. Villa Rolandi told us the van would be waiting for us at 1:30 pm and the Cacoon would be at the dock at 2:15 pm. Exactly almost to the minute, Villa Rolandi delivered.

We arrived at the Hotel and were greeted by the staff at the dock who took our bags and brought us to the front desk. Our check- in was flawless and the staff was very attentive to every detail. We were brought up to our room and were truly floored when our bellman opened the door. The room was beyond our expectations, and the view was so amazing I couldn't believe my eyes. I had to have my husband pinch me.

I can not say enough about this hotel and staff. We were truly pampered and treated like royalty. We didn't want to leave. The food was amazing and the resturaunt staff knew what they were doing.

I had never been to Isla Mujeres before but my husband has several times. He always told me he would bring me here. It is truly PARADISE. We spent most of our days with no schedule, Just laying around and my husband showing me the Island.

We would return late in the day and have a few drinks by the pool and grab a bitre to eat. It was so quiet at the hotel . we have never felt so relaxed on our vacations as we did at the Villa Rolandi. When it was time to leave to return to civialization we were depressed.

The return trip on the Cacoon and ground transportion were on time just as promised.

We will definitely return to Villa Roalndi and Isla Mujeres... Your staff was awesome and need a pat on the back. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maverick965
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I just returned a few days ago from a wonderful stay at Hotel Villa Rolandi and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. It's a small boutique property and is simply amazing. I would suggest asking for a 3rd floor (top floor) room as you can quite literally lay in bed and watch the ocean that way. I think all the rooms are ocean view so that's no concern but the higher up you are the better the view. Our room also had a delightful balcony with a Jacuzzi. The beach is small, I'm not gonna lie but it's fine and there was never an overcrowding problem. The pools were stunning and the insanely huge hot tub (which I thought was a pool) was incredible.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant is fantastic and I'm a food snob. It's pricy but at least it's good. We never rented a golf cart, prices seemed too high. We just took cabs to downtown where we ate most nights. Tons on fantastic restaurants and shopping on Hildago Street. With tip our cab was at most $10 each way. The shower in the room was awesome, it's a double shower with the side jets as well, super nice and they had Molton Brown toiletries which was a very nice high end touch. Super comfortable beds with nice linens. The physical building is very nice but no incredible. It doesn't matter though, with that location and the way they integrate the nature into the building it was beautiful. The balconies had flowers growing up the lattice, etc. The rooms even the jr. suites are very roomy and have a nice sunken seating area.

We did the snorkeling excursion which was the best I have done in the Caribbean. At only $45 a person for a private boat it was a great deal.

The private yacht they send for you is pretty great. I would suggest paying for the shuttle service in advance through the hotel as the airport is a good 20 minutes from the port where you get the yacht. Only thing I would say could improve is we waited 45 minutes for the yacht to come but there are worse places to wait :-)

I didn't visit the spa on this trip and the prices seemed a bit high but I'm sure it was lovely and worth the money.

Overall just a fantastic trip, beautiful hotel, great food and service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We are a middle-aged couple & went to this hotel for our honeymoon. The views, flowering plants, pools, weather and ocean were simply beautiful! It was a little slice of paradise.
The wait staff were extremely efficient and kind. They made us feel truly pampered! The food was very good but overpriced if you did not get a 'meals included' package.
Ok, so why the mediocre review if so many positives?? One word SCORPION! Getting out of my shower one morning, I was stung by a scorpion hiding in the towel on the floor! It was not the horrible pain and fear that I remember most, it is the hotel management's complete ignoring of what happened that bothers me most! I never even received a sorry or are you ok from the general manager. The only person who helped me was Rene, a maintenance man. He brought me ice and called the paramedics. Forget about any apologies from the manager, let alone any compensation offer. I couldn't believe it and I understand it's a natural environment but to say nothing to me for the last 3 days we were there left me feeling sour and resentful at checkout. We won't ever return to this hotel because of this.

• Stayed March 2014
Le Blanc Spa Resort
Le Blanc Spa Resort
#1 of 180 in Cancun
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,702 reviews

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!