“Decent experience. Not worth the cost!”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I are not extremely picky. We got what we thought was a reasonable deal on this hotel until we reached there. Had the price been lower...these issues wouldn't be worth a mention. Due to the 5 star charge I think they should work harder to make their guests more comfortable.

Cons:

Too much seaweed in the water. It's hard to enjoy the beach.

Breakfast- SLOW and uninspiring

Food was very overpriced...more expensive in NY in some cases. The lobster is spiny lobster so the meat is tough and not sweet like what we are used to in the States. The price however is exorbitant!

There weren't enough lounge chairs around the pool to accommodate a quarter of their guests. The service was extremely slow for drinks.

I was locked out of my room and it took someone a half hour to get the key to let me in. I got extremely sick as a result bc I was only in a bathing suit and towel and there was .

The party boats which come in and out from Cancun cause a lot of noise which take away from the sanctuary of this location.

The price of golf carts in front of hotel are the highest priced and oldest! Ours could only go 15 miles per hour.

The decor of the room was by far the cheesiest and weirdest I have ever experienced. I felt like I was in a bad 80's movie!

The steam in shower never worked!

The only pros would be the dinner I had at Villa Rolandi and the massage in the spa.

Maybe this place used to be a 5 star back in the late 70's but I think it's past it's heyday!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EllenBurgues
Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is amazing. Luxury at its best. Amazing customer service. I believe that is what they do best. You get to meet their staff, they take really good care of you. The only bad encounter I had was when the GM talked loud to one of his best workers in front of people at dinner. He looked really bad.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Ice67
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Some time back I had rented the Presidential Suite for my wife and I as well as another sweet for a friend who had come to Isla Mujeres to act as my best man. The problem started when we returned to the Hotel following our wedding reception to find we were locked out. After rapping on the door for a good 10 minutes a fellow finally showed up and opened the door for us. The next morning when I called the front desk I was told they were aware we were locked out and sorry the fellow was in the bathroom at the time of our return. That was it!! Well in all my travels that was a first, guests being locked out of the hotel and after having spent a fair amount of money on two suites I decided that sorry did not cut it and checked out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Everything was great. Dinner and breakfast very good with a beautiful view.
Rooms are large and roomy.
Small private beach and pool with great service.
Tosca at the desk was great. It is a bit of a ride from town but the quiet area is also a plus. The private boat that picks you up in Cancun is also convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights, as part of our Honeymoon, in mid September and had a wonderful time.
Our room was a master suite on the third floor. The room was huge with a big and very comfortable bed, a "living room", nice sized shower for 2 and a big balcony, over-looking the ocean, with our own private jacuzzi. Everything was clean and spotless.

The hotel has 3 different pools and a private beach. The pools are very nice and offer different water temperatures. The beach is quite small. Had the hotel been full, it could have been quite crowded (I think more than 10 people on the beach would feel a bit crammed).

Hotel facilities are great and the staff is very pleasant and accommodating - in the restaurant, around the pool and in the room. Their spa is also very nice and pampering, though I have experienced better massages. The only thing that seems a bit off about the hotel is the gym, which is being renovated and looks quite run-down.

The hotel offers various deals on its website and ours included champagne in the room and dinner at the hotel restaurant. The restaurant is very good, with a nice selection and food that is very well cooked and beautifully served. As any other restaurant, after 4 days finding new things to eat that suite your palette can be a bit tricky... I would like to stress that the chef and staff were very attentive to my gluten allergy and offered various substitutes for things I couldn't eat. We had one dinner on the beach, all alone, which was wonderful (and part of the deal).

There is one thing I would like to mention regarding costs: please note that both at the bar and at the restaurant service (around 15%) is automatically charged. This means that although our dinners were pre-paid (and we could choose whatever we wanted in the menu), we did pay for service upon checkout. It wasn't a problem as far as I was concerned but I would have liked to know this in advance.

Also - their pickup service from Cancun airport to the dock and then from the dock to the hotel was great.

To sum up, I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone willing to spend a bit more and get much much more than your average 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank he_who_is_he
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at Villa Roland and we just love the place.
This is a first class resort.
The staff is wonderful and totally responsive to any requests.
We have been there in both high and low seasons and they do a great job
No matter when.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank si3904
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Rolandi was exactly what we were looking for. It was private, romantic, luxurious, comfortable right in the middle of paradise. It has everything you want: private beach, your own jacuzzi on each balcony, a 6-head shower with breathtaking oceanfront views!

We rented golf carts to scoot around the island which was the best option for transportation. My only disappointment was the pizza we ordered at Rolandi (from the Italian Rolandi restaurant in our hotel). We ordered a margherita pizza that was undercooked and loaded with way too much cheese and no basil. It was a disappointment after paying 187 pesos.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple